Syncfusion is happy to announce the release of a new version of the Syncfusion Report Server (version 126.96.36.199). For this release, we have focused on adding usability features and improving the product’s stability.
In this blog, we’ll showcase the new features and enhancements included for this release.
User Management Server
The User Management Server available with this release allows you to manage applications and who can access them. It uses SSO (single sign-on) to grant or restrict access to an application for a user or a group.
User Management Server
- Application management: Manage permissions for users and groups to access the applications.
- SSO: The User Management Server facilitates single sign-on and single sign-out (optional) with the registered applications.
- User management: Organize users into groups to map them in a structure of small and large organizations accurately.
- Access management: You can grant and revoke access to applications for users and groups. Also, you can make a user the administrator for a particular application.
- Custom branding: Provides customization of an organization’s name, logo, and welcome note, and supports localization.
- API: Provides a REST API to manage the users, groups, and applications.
Note: For more details about the User Manager Server, follow our UG documentation.
List Report Item
The list report item allows you to create free-form layouts. You can include multiple peer tables or matrices in a list report item. Therefore, you can use a list as a container to display multiple data regions side by side for grouped data. Other features include:
- Support to insert report items such as charts, tables, lists, images, and custom items into table cells.
- Improved the data assign menu for table cells.
- Added provisions to cut, copy, and paste report items in table cells.
List Report Item with Preview
Create custom code for functions that are used multiple times in a single report. You can build custom expressions or use custom code assemblies to reuse the same function across multiple reports. For example, you can categorize values in a table column using custom code as
Custom Function for Sales Range
Report Item Layout Order
Report items provide visual representations of the data from a report data set. Use the layout ordering feature to organize the layout of the report items to look more professional and enhance their readability.
Report Item Layout Ordering in Design Area
Use the import data feature to import pre-configured data from Syncfusion Report Server and transform it into an attractive report with just a few clicks.
Import Sample Data
Interested in trying out these features? Download the latest version (188.8.131.52) of the Syncfusion Report Platform here and try the new features for yourself. If you are new to Syncfusion’s reporting tools, then we highly recommend you follow our user guide.