We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

what is orubase?

I plan to use your software but I still don't understand the concept of your software?

1. Is your software generate native apps based on MVC apps
2. Is your software host similar iis in iphone? So, it acts as webserver to render the MVC apps.
--> If this is true, it will be supper slow.
3. I want to build the apps like facebook with expand slide. I don't like tab. Can I do it with your software? any example?

Thanks

3 Replies

SS Sahaya Sweetlin Ponmalar P Syncfusion Team February 25, 2013 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for your interest in Orubase.

Please check the responses for your queries

Query: Is your software generate native apps based on MVC apps?

The Orubase project will create a basic applications  of Mobile Platforms with Web application (ASP.NET MVC).  In Web application all the implementation work will be done. In the mobile apps, everything is preconfigured and no changes required for debugging purpose. But mobile apps requires some minimal changes like changing the web URLS, updating icons of tab, application icons and splash image once the mobile apps are moved for publishing. We have online documentation for Orubase in the http://help.syncfusion.com/Orubase location. Here is some additional information about getting started with Orubase for an ASP.NET MVC based mobile hybrid application

1.          Create a web application:

The UI and business logic stays in the web application and this is developed using Visual Studio 2012/2012. Orubase includes a Wizard utility that will help you generate a web application project and also tie them to the other native application projects that will be introduced in the next steps.

http://help.syncfusion.com/UG/orubase/default.htm#!Documents/creatingaspnetmvcweb.htm

2.          Create native applications that host the web application

The Orubase wizard generates starter applications for iOS, Android and Windows Phone that are already preconfigured to work with the web application created in step 1.

You can now open any of these projects (iOS project would have to be copied to your Mac OS X system) in the development environment for those projects.

IOS – XCode

Android – Eclipse

Windows Phone – Visual Studio

3.          Running the application:

Running the starter application involves

a. Running the web application: Run this and it will launch itself though an utility (SharpProxy) that will allow for external clients (other computers, phones, tablets) to connect to the local web server.

b. Run the native application project: Run any of the 3 native application projects and you should be able to see the web application hosted within the simulator.

We have attached a simple start up document and the sample for “How to create a simple Orubase App? 

Getting Started Orubase Project Wizard.zip

Query: Is your software host similar IIS in iPhone? So, it acts as webserver to render the MVC apps. If this is true, it will be supper slow.

No, iPhone will not act as IIS hosting. iPhone is used to render the MVC web pages in iPhone browser control. You can load any web URL with iPhone, Android and Windows Phone applications. We are suggesting you to use ASP.NET MVC web pages. Because it has the following features

·         ASP.NET MVC is one of the most productive frameworks for building mobile web applications since all the code is written within Visual Studio using C# or VB.NET.

·         It is possible to build and deploy complete line-of-business mobile applications targeting iOS, Android, and Windows Phone in shorter time

·         Other framework JQuery provides common set of look and feel for all kinds of mobile apps. But Orubase MVC application provides native look and feel for the apps developed in iOS, Android and Windows Phone, the three major leadings vendors in mobile market. This can be achieved via “RenderMode” API. Additionally, if RenderMode is set to “Auto” then the appearance will be automatically changed based on the device rendered (can be iOS, Android or WP – no need to specify the mode explicitly).

Query: I want to build the apps like Facebook with expand slide. I don't like tab. Can I do it with your software? any example?

Yes, you can build the app like Facebook and the Tab is optional in Orubase applications. Here we have attached the app without tab control.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/Support/DirectTrac/General/DemoApp-1136012412.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries

Regards,

Ponmalar P

HC Hannah Cuthbertson September 17, 2019 01:03 PM UTC

Orubase is a complete solution for developing hybrid mobile applications using Microsoft Visual Studio and Apache Cordova. It includes a rich suite of user interface components optimized for building line-of-business applications.

AB Ashokkumar Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team September 18, 2019 10:54 AM UTC

Hi Hannah, 

Yes. Orubase is a complete solution for developing hybrid mobile applications using VS and Apache.  

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Ashokkumar B.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon