We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DropDownCalendarControl

Hi everybody

I have a little problem with a DropDownCalendarControl and I need your help. I want to save in a database an empty value from a DropDownCalendarControl. As you can see in the attached image, the "textbox" of the calendar is empty because I delete it with the backspace key, but in the calendar the selected date is June 17th, so, when I see in the C# code the properties of Text or Value, the date is June 17th, but i want either to record the empty value of the textbox, or I want to disable the capacity of deleting the date in the textbox ( but I don't want to disable the calendar).

Best Regards.

dropcalendar_da3f0a5c.zip

9 Replies

VI Vignesh Syncfusion Team June 8, 2011 11:07 AM UTC

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Could you please share with us some more information about the platform you looking for and also the version of the product?. so that we could able to sort out the cause and provide you an efficient solution.

Regards,
Vignesh

VE victor elizondo June 8, 2011 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Vignesh

Thanks for the rapid question.

I'm working in a web platform in Visual Net with C#. Probably this request sounds a little silly, but I need fix this problem.

The version of syncfusion that I'm using is 6.4.0.15.

And the trouble with less words is:

Either save an empty value using a DropDownCalendarControl or make not posible to erase the date of the textbox of the DropDownCalendarControl ( but I must be able to select the date from the dropdown)

Best Regards.
Victor

VE victor elizondo June 8, 2011 09:37 PM UTC

Something that I didn't say clearly is the next thing:

I want to record an empty value in a field from a database (this deleting the date in textbox in the DropDownCalendarControl ), but when I press an aspx button trying to save information, my aspx page ( I'm using visual net C# 2008) will be reloaded, and the syncfusion control DropDownCalendarControl ALWAYS will has the internal property IsNullDate like false and also will has the Text Property or Value Property with a date.

I want to record an empty value from a DropDownCalendarControl but it seems impossible.

I need to know if my request is possible to resolve.

Best Regards.

VE victor elizondo June 8, 2011 09:42 PM UTC

Or the other solution:

Make not possible to delete the date in the textbox from the DropDownCalendarControl.

Best Regards.

VI Vignesh Syncfusion Team June 9, 2011 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your Update.

Query 1 : "Disable text field of the DropDownCalendar"

To disable the text field of the DropDownCalendar use the following code snippet,

[Javascript]

Query 2 : "To get the empty value"

To get the empty value as in the Text field of the DropDownCalendar use the Text property and set the IsNullDate property to true. The
following code illustrate this.

[CS]

this.TextBox1.Text = this.Drop.Text;

Also I have created simple sample for this and attached in the below link for your reference.

DropDownCalendar-190365215.zip

Also We suggest you to upgrade with new version which have added more features.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Vignesh

VE victor elizondo June 9, 2011 09:33 PM UTC

Hi Vignesh

Thanks for you update.

I've seen the code you sent me and it's all I need, it's great, but i want to know if you have another code where I could see just one dropdowncalendar with the textbox disable and without using JQuery. I was thinking just to use "disable-dropdown-textboxes" for my proyect.

Best Regards
Victor.

VE victor elizondo June 9, 2011 09:33 PM UTC

Hi Vignesh

Thanks for your update.

I've seen the code you sent me and it's all I need, it's great, but i want to know if you have another code where I could see just one dropdowncalendar with the textbox disable and without using JQuery. I was thinking just to use "disable-dropdown-textboxes" for my proyect.

Best Regards
Victor.

JB Jaffersathick B Syncfusion Team June 14, 2011 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the update.

Currently we don’t not provide the server side property to disable the text field of the Dropdowncalender, we suggest you the use the Script solution which is provided earlier or use the Enabled property of the Dropdowncalender which will disable the whole control.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Jaffer

SC Salonee Chitlangia replied to victor elizondo March 1, 2018 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Vignesh

Thanks for the rapid question.

I'm working in a web platform in Visual Net with C#. Probably this request sounds a little silly, but I need fix this problem.

The version of syncfusion that I'm using is 6.4.0.15.

And the trouble with less words is:

Either save an empty value using a DropDownCalendarControl or make not posible to erase the date of the textbox of the DropDownCalendarControl ( but I must be able to select the date from the dropdown)

Best Regards.
Victor

Hi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon