We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Strange behavior on fastScatter chart

Hello,

I have noticed that for Fast Scatter chart Type "Segment.CorrespondingPoints[0].DataPoint" refers only the first point. Checked on ChartMouseEvent and on ToolTip.

On normal scatter the behavior is normal.

Is it something I should expect or it is a bug ?

Then how can I get the value of a given point with fastScatter and with the ChartSeries event (I mean I don't want to use a reference of my IInput element as we can do using the traditional MouseEvent)
?

Thanks for your help,

Laurent

3 Replies

MP Muralidharan P Syncfusion Team May 31, 2011 09:26 AM UTC

Hi Laurent ,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

The fast chart types are drawn as a single segment, So the tooltip displays only the starting point value. This is the behavior of the fast chart types and it is not a bug.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards ,
Muralidharan.

RL Renard Laurent June 1, 2011 04:00 AM UTC

Hello,

Thanks you for your reply.

So does it mean that for Fast Scatter, if I set the template for the ChartSerie I will only see the first point,

or if I try to get the corresponding point on ChartMouseEvent I can only refer to the first point ?

Thanks you very much

MP Muralidharan P Syncfusion Team June 3, 2011 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Laurent ,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

In the mouse move event we can access the corresponding points value using PointToValue() method of ChartArea. Based on your requirement we have created a simple sample. Please download it from the following location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=FastLineToolTipDemo54773512.zip

Please let us know if you have any quires.

Regards ,
Muralidharan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon