We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Remove tab stop

Hi, I can see how to add tab stops to a paragraph (using the paragraph.ParagraphFormat.Tabs.AddTab() method) but how do you remove a tab stop that's already been set?

Regards, IP

4 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team May 30, 2011 03:23 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have prepared the sample for your requirement. Please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample:
Sample-1889149392.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

IP Ian Price June 1, 2011 10:48 AM UTC

Poornima,
Hi. I wasn't able to download your sample application - I got a file/folder not available message when I clicked the .zip package link.

Best regards, Ian

IP Ian Price June 2, 2011 05:37 PM UTC

Hi Poornima,
I tried using the technique in your sample project but there were no tabs in the Tabs collection for the target paragraph.

The actual paragraph where I need to remove the tab only includes a Table of Contents generated using the AppendTOC(method) and it appears that default tab stops are created at around 0.75cm (for TOC level 1) and 1.25cm (for TOC level 2) text.

I've created my own custom styles for TOC1 and TOC2 and both include setting a single tab stop at around 1.5cm.

When I view the generated document, there are two tabs at both TOC 1 and 2 levels - mine and the 'default' one. It's the default tabs I need to remove. Is there any special treatment of tabs when they relate to text generated by the AppendTOC method?

Best regards, Ian

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team June 7, 2011 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for using Syncfuison Products.

We have created the sample for creating the word document with TOC field using custom style. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample:
Sample-2082328204.zip

Generated Document:
Document-2130983763.zip

In the above sample, we have created the TOC field with two custom style named (MyStyle1 and MyStyle2). In both these style we have added same tab stop position (for eg, 60 pt.). The paragraph for which the styles (MyStyle1 and MyStyle2) are applied will have tab stop position 60pt in its tab collection and a default tab stop position 36pt. We have prepared the screenshot for the same. Please find the screen shot from the below link.

Screen shot:
TabStopPosition655381427.zip

Please view the above screen shot and confirm whether you need to remove the default tab stop position (36pt that is mentioned in the screenshot) from the document. If so then this default tab stop position cannot be removed and this is the usual behavior of MS Word and DocIO.

If the above mentioned scenario is not the actual case you are mentioning, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please provide us with the following details to further investigate on this issue.

1) Please modify our sample to reproduce the mentioned issue.
2) Please provide us with the generated word document and the screen of tab stop position which you are willing to remove.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon