We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Merged cell text alignment problem when frozen columns are visible

Hello,

I've encountered a problem that I wish to resolve, but am unsure of the reason. I am using the syncfusion GridControl and version 6.1.0.34.

The problem exists when I merge cells from an entire row and display only frozen columns (either by setting row widths, or shrinking the gridcontrol size). When I try to edit text in the merged cells, the text will be centered. This creates a problem because the centered text can sometimes (in this case, all the time) be off the visible area of the grid. I've tried using

GridControl.GetCellRenderer(e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex).StyleInfo.TextAlign = GridTextAlign.Left;

and
GridControl[currentRow].RowStyles.TextAlign = GridTextAlign.Left

during the CellDoubleClick grid event and the CellActivatedEvent.

Perhaps these grid events are not the correct ones to apply alignment? By default, I want my text to be centered, but when editing, I want text to be left-justified so that the user can always see what is being entered into the cell. Thanks for any help you may offer.

Andy.

2 Replies

AC Andy Chan May 19, 2011 02:20 PM UTC

I have resolved this issue.

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team May 20, 2011 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update.

Happy to hear that you have everything working . Do not hesitate to update if you have any questions.

Regards,
Eswari.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon