We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Grid Grouping Control crashes

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

99395 May 18,2011 10:12 AM May 23,2011 03:11 AM Windows Forms 4
Tags: Grouping
Christian Rattat
Asked On May 18, 2011 10:12 AM

Hi,

I have a ggc with a table and nested table where I use grouping and filtering. The data in the table is a derived dataset. On the parent table I have a checkbox in each row to select specific rows for further actions.

When I filter the data so that the visible rows will change I need to unset those checkboxes in all rows to ensure that now hidden rows are still selected. To do so I implemented the

Grid.TableDescriptor.RecordFilters.Changed

event. Here I set the boolean field to false using this code:

DataTable dt = (grid.DataSource as journalDataSet).Tables["TJOURNALS"];

foreach (DataRow dr in dt.Select("TBOCHECKED = true"))
{
dr["TBOCHECKED"] = "false";
}

It seems that during the recordfilterchanged event modifying the datasource makes the grid crash. If I remove this code it works fine. The crash occurs in the OnPaint method of the grid and the entire grid area appears empty with red lines crossing.

We use version 8.204.0.18 now. In previous releases we used version 4.2 and there it worked fine.

How do I get this working again? Is there a different event where I'll be notified that the filters have changed that I can use without getting this crash? I need this urgently as we are close to releasing our next version.

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Christian Rattat
Replied On May 19, 2011 02:42 AM

Hi,

I checked some further things. In the filterbar I hide the "custom" selection using the sample you provide. If I remove the entire code hiding custom from the filterbar it also works.

Regards,
Christian

Christian Rattat
Replied On May 19, 2011 04:08 AM

Hi,

made it reproducible with the modified filterbar sample. The problem is the performance optimizations you sent me in another thread.

If you take out these lines, it works fine:

this.gridGroupingControl1.InvalidateAllWhenListChanged = false;
this.gridGroupingControl1.AllowedOptimizations = Syncfusion.Grouping.EngineOptimizations.All;
this.gridGroupingControl1.CounterLogic = Syncfusion.Grouping.EngineCounters.YAmount;
this.gridGroupingControl1.UseDefaultsForFasterDrawing = true;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ColumnsMaxLengthStrategy = GridColumnsMaxLengthStrategy.FirstNRecords;
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ColumnsMaxLengthFirstNRecords = 50;
this.gridGroupingControl1.Engine.CacheRecordValues = false;
this.gridGroupingControl1.UseLazyUniformChildListRelation = true;

Just run the application together with the datasource from your samples. Filter by first columns a couple times by different values. After 2-3 times the applications hangs, the filterbar text remains empty.

I need these performance improvements as in the grid our customers will load between 100 and 100000 (and more) rows with each 2-10 eembedded rows in the nested tables.

Regards,
Christian

filterbar_demo_modified_9b4f725d.zip

Christian Rattat
Replied On May 19, 2011 04:24 AM

Forgot to mention that we use VS2010/Net Framework 4.

Jisha Joy [Syncfusion]
Replied On May 23, 2011 03:11 AM

Hi Christian,

Your Direct trac incident 80596 for the same query has been updated. Please follow up with it.

Regards,
Jisha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;