We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Loosing MainFrameBarManager in VS.NET

Hello, We are using Syncfusion .NET Essentials v2.0.1.0 on Windows XP - Visual Studio.NET French Architect version. We have developed a complex windows form that include a MainFrameBarManager, a DockingManager and multiple other SyncFusion graphical objects in a MDI Form. The problem is the following: At a point, we can not modify anymore the visual aspect or add graphical controls to the main form designer, because we are loosing the MainFrameBarManager and the 2 Bars attached to it when the designer regenerate C# code in the "Windows Form Designer generated code" section. Any update to our interface give us the same issue. The errors are the following: -BarTypeConverter can not convert Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.Bar to System.ComponentModel.Desgin.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor -BarManagerConverter can not convert Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.MainFrameBarManager to System.ComponentModel.Desgin.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor -Impossible to generate the code for the property ''Bar'' As we are working on a critical project and this issue is slowing down a lot our graphical developments, any help will be greetly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Frédéric Queudret Senior Consultant Microsoft France

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2004 04:01 PM UTC

Hi Frederic We are sorry to hear about the problems you are encountering. I have created support incident # 8740 in Direct-Trac. Kindly update this incident using Direct Trac if you have any further questions. Here are a few suggestions we have on the problem you are encountering: a. Did this happen after an upgrade from a previous version of Essential Suite? Did you use the Evaluation version before switching over to the 2.0.1.0 version of Essential Suite? b. Do you have more than one version of Essential Suite installed on your machine? c. Can you check the references of your project and see that they are correct? d. Do you have copy local = true in the references for syncfusion dlls? If so can you try setting copy local = false in the references for syncfusion dlls and see if it helps? e. Can you go your GAC (C:\WINDOWS\assembly folder) and delete all the syncfusion and syncfusion policy dlls. Then run the Assembly Manager from the Start Menu (Start->Programs->Syncfusion->Essential Suite->Assembly Manager) and choose Default-Prebuilt option. This will update your GAC with the proper dlls. Regards Arun

FQ Frédéric QUEUDRET January 19, 2004 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Arun, Thanks for your help. I have tried points d and e and that seems to solve our problems. We might have an old reference on an assembly of a previous version of Essential Tools. So that was not a bug but actually a problem of assembly coherency on our side. Thank you again for your reactivity and your help. Regards, Frederic

AG Alex Gauthier June 22, 2004 02:00 AM UTC

I actually have the same problem. I tried to clean to GAC an remove any copy local flags. Is ther any other resolution known for thisto this ? >Hi Arun, > >Thanks for your help. >I have tried points d and e and that seems to solve our problems. We might have an old reference on an assembly of a previous version of Essential Tools. So that was not a bug but actually a problem of assembly coherency on our side. >Thank you again for your reactivity and your help. >Regards, >Frederic

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2004 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Alex In almost all cases of problems with the Designer, the above suggestions took care of the issue. Have you taken a look at this KB Article: How do I upgrade to the latest version of Essential Suite? which gives you detailed instructions on how you can ensure everything is in sync. Regards, Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon