We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

open the flowchart(.Xaml) without using opendialogbox

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98986 Apr 14,2011 11:38 AM UTC Apr 18,2011 06:44 AM UTC Silverlight 1
Tags: Diagram
Nikhil Nirmal
Asked On April 14, 2011 11:38 AM UTC

Hi

I am using the syncfusion controls of silver lights I have just created simple example which contain following Items:

1. Create the folwchat using Rectangle and Oval in silver lights application.
2. Save that flow chart file (.Xaml) on my (d:\) drive location.
3. Now I want to open that file in my diagram control without using open file dialog box.
4. So on load method I have write the following code:
5. diagramControl.load(“d:\Test.xaml” );
6. But it gives me error of security
7. I search that Silverlight is not support to open the file without using opendialogbox.
8. BUT MY REQUIRMENT IS THAT I WANT TO OPEN THE(.XAML) FILE FROM PERTICULAR LOCATION WHICH IS FIXED ANS USER DOES KNOW THAT LOCATION OF (.XAML) FILE ( WITHOUT USING OPENDIALOGBOX)
9. Please help me how to open the created flowchart without opendialogbox.
10. Thanks in advance.

open flowchart without opendialogbox_12170668.zip

Maria Amal Raj T [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 18, 2011 06:44 AM UTC

Hi,

Direct file access is prohibited in Silverlight, file in the local file system can be accessed through OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog.

In a trusted Silverlight application files in MyDocuments, MyMusic, MyPictures, and MyVideos can be accessed without using OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog. Also IsolatedStorage can be used to create and maintain a safe client-side virtual file system for partial trust applications. Please refer the sample from the below link.

In this sample, diagram can be saved and loaded without dialog box using ElevatedTrust or using IsolatedStorage.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team,
[Syncfusion-Chennai].

SaveWithoutDialog_a6b9a439.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;