We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

UPgrad to 8.4.0.10

We are currently upgrading from 4.1.0.62 to 8.4.0.10. I would like to determine when a link has been removed. More importantly, I need to get the nodes that were joined by the link. I was able to do this in 4.1.0.62 using code that was very similar to the example in your online documentation: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Diagram/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Fhowtodetectwhetheranewlinkhasbeenaddedremovedfromadiagram.htm

Obviously this documentation has not been updated since it still references all of the old classes. Could you please provide information on how to access the nodes when a link is removed using the newer classes. Also, it would be most helpful if you could update the documentation as well.

Thanks in advance for your help

Chris

1 Reply

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team April 13, 2011 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Christine,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We suggest you to use EventSink's NodeCollectionChanged event to access the nodes when a link is removed. Please refer the below code snippet.

[C#]
diagram1.EventSink.NodeCollectionChanged += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.CollectionExEventHandler(EventSink_NodeCollectionChanged);

void EventSink_NodeCollectionChanged(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.CollectionExEventArgs evtArgs)
{
if (evtArgs.ChangeType == CollectionExChangeType.Clear)
{
if (evtArgs.Elements != null)
{
foreach(Node node in evtArgs.Elements)
if (node is ConnectorBase)
{
Node fromNode = ((ConnectorBase)node).FromNode as Node;
Node toNode = ((ConnectorBase)node).ToNode as Node;
MessageBox.Show("FromNode: "+fromNode.Name + " ToNode: " + toNode.Name);
}
}
}
}

We will update our online UG as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon