Thanks for using Syncfusion products. Here are the answers for your questions :
1. What is the difference between GridDataControl and Grid control ?
- It is a powerful cell-oriented grid that offers excellent performance characteristics.
- At its core, the grid functions as a very efficient display engine for tabular data that can be customized down to the cell level.
- It does not make any assumptions on the structure of the data (many grid controls implemented as straight data-bound controls make such explicit assumptions). This leads to a very flexible design that can be easily adapted to a variety of tasks including both the display of completely unstructured data, as well as the display of structured data from a database.
- The core display system also supports several building-block features such as nested grids, virtual modes, and support for virtually an unlimited number of rows and columns.
If your application needs a custom visualization of data that could include any WPF control (Chart / Gauge etc.,), you could simply use this grid in your customized way for showcasing data.
Grid Data Control
- It is a powerful data bound control that offers the same performance as it's base grid.
- Harness the power of XAML binding fully with this control.
- Group / Sort / Filter / Apply conditional formats / Nested hierarchies are some of the major features.
- Real-time scrolling and updates.
If your application is data bound to some table in the data base, then this is your best grid to suit your needs. You can check out all the grid samples (which comes as a part of our setup) and check out it's features.
2. How to set dataSource for grid control?
You could not bind the data directly to GridControl. If you want to bind the data, then you have to use GridDataControl. We have created a sample to load the datasource to Grid control.
Please find the sample from the following location,http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=CS1907753740.zip
3. How do i import excel data to grid (plz give me some sample)
Currently, we don’t have support to importing excel to Grid. This feature will be available in our next main release Volume 2 2011, scheduled in the first week of May.
Please let us know if you have any queries.