We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Strange Font Appearance

Hello,

I've updated syncfusion library (Essential PDF) today. My app were using legacy.base before that and after I switched to the latest library and updated code to work with it, I got a strange fonts in resulting documents.
Attached file shows comparision of what I'm getting usign my app and how text looks in example documents. Fonts are same in both cases.
To render text I'm using code like this:

page.Graphics.DrawString(str, font, pen, new PointF(tmpOffset, yPos));
Where page is PdfTemplate,
font = new PdfStandardFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 0); (later I calculate font size I need and recreate font again with correct size)
and pen = PdfPens.Black

I've tryied to change different options of pen object, but only thing I got was thinner contour line.

Please, tell me what could cause such strange behavior. I tried everything I could immagine, but nothing helped. The same as Google. Thanks in advance!

With regards
Viktor

StrangeFont_81da1fc5.zip

2 Replies

VS Viktor Shlayer April 6, 2011 12:56 AM UTC

Ups..! Sorry for this question. As always, after askign somebody else I found a solution by myselft.

If PdfBrush is used instead of PdfPen everything works correct.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team April 6, 2011 03:34 AM UTC

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that the problem is solved.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon