We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Strange Font Appearance

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98864 Apr 5,2011 08:38 PM Apr 5,2011 11:34 PM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 2
Tags: PDF
Viktor Shlayer
Asked On April 5, 2011 08:38 PM

Hello,

I've updated syncfusion library (Essential PDF) today. My app were using legacy.base before that and after I switched to the latest library and updated code to work with it, I got a strange fonts in resulting documents.
Attached file shows comparision of what I'm getting usign my app and how text looks in example documents. Fonts are same in both cases.
To render text I'm using code like this:

page.Graphics.DrawString(str, font, pen, new PointF(tmpOffset, yPos));
Where page is PdfTemplate,
font = new PdfStandardFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 0); (later I calculate font size I need and recreate font again with correct size)
and pen = PdfPens.Black

I've tryied to change different options of pen object, but only thing I got was thinner contour line.

Please, tell me what could cause such strange behavior. I tried everything I could immagine, but nothing helped. The same as Google. Thanks in advance!

With regards
Viktor

StrangeFont_81da1fc5.zip

Viktor Shlayer
Replied On April 5, 2011 08:56 PM

Ups..! Sorry for this question. As always, after askign somebody else I found a solution by myselft.

If PdfBrush is used instead of PdfPen everything works correct.

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 5, 2011 11:34 PM

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for the update.

Glad to hear that the problem is solved.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;