We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Add CustomGroups to ColorPickerUIAdv

Hi,

I met a problem when i add a CustomGroups to a ColorPickerUIAdv control.

Here are the sample code:
// -----------------------------------------
ColorUIAdvGroup cGroup = new ColorUIAdvGroup(colorPickerUIAdv1, ColorUIAdvGroups.CustomColors, false);

GroupColorItem ciazure = new GroupColorItem(cGroup,Color.Azure);
ciazure.Color = Color.Azure;
ciazure.Index = 0;

GroupColorItem cibrown = new GroupColorItem(cGroup,Color.Brown);
cibrown.Color = Color.Brown;
cibrown.Index = 1;

cGroup.Items.Add(ciazure);
cGroup.Items.Add(cibrown);

cGroup.Name = "My Group";

colorPickerUIAdv1.CustomGroups.Add(cGroup);

//------------------------------------------

This code works fine on windows XP. But crashed on windows 7 (runtime).

The version i use is 6.303.1.8.

7 Replies

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team March 28, 2011 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Arden,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We are afraid that we are not able to reproduce the reported behavior. I have included the sample that we have tried. Could you please modify the sample and sent it to us with the replication steps to reproduce the reported behavior. It will help us to provide you the better solution.

[Sample Link]
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=ColorPickerUIAdv939825571.zip

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

AZ arden zhao April 18, 2011 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Syncfusion,

Thanks for your reply.

I've download your sample code, It is not working on my windows 7 system also. Unfortunately, I can't debug code on windows 7 so i can't give your more information about it.

I noticed that, in your project file, the reference to syncfusion version is 9.203.0.105, but my version is 6.303.1.8. I'm not sure if it can makes different behavior.

i'm replaced ColorPickUIAdv with ColorDialog on my project. If you can not re-product this problem, It's ok for me.

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team April 21, 2011 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the update.

We have tested the sample with your version last time and we are unable to see the reported behavior. For you information I have included the video taken while testing the sample as follows.

[Video Link]
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Video98716636950566.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

We are glad to help you out.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

AZ arden zhao May 6, 2011 01:26 AM UTC

Hi Iniyen,

I’m inspired by your video.

To test this case, I installed Visual Studio and Syncfusion on windows 7 and test your sample code, It works!

Did you try compile code on windows xp and run on windows 7?

Regards,

Arden

IM Iniyen M A Syncfusion Team May 13, 2011 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the update.

We have executed the compiled code on windows xp in windows 7, And it works fine. If you face the problem on the same, please send us your compiled code on windows XP. It will help us to see the reported behavior and provide you the better solution with the same.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

We are glad to help you out.

Regards,
Iniyen M.A.

AZ arden zhao May 17, 2011 08:35 AM UTC

Hi,

I attached a sample project.
can you try this?
the sample code i posted before, not really cause the problem, sorry for that. :(

Regards,

Arden

ColorPickerUIAdv_code_fecc05e5.zip

VS Vallarasu S Syncfusion Team May 18, 2011 07:40 AM UTC

Hi Arden,

Thanks for updating the sample.

Am able to reproduce the defect in the version 6.303.1.8, and this issues does not exists in our current source library. Our logs shows a 'stack overflow exception' has been fixed in the version 6.4.0.14.

Release_Notes_V_6_4_0_14

Please let us know if you would like to upgrade or need a patch for this issue in your version.

You may have to create an incident in our Direct_Trac support system to receive a patch, Since we dont deliver patch through forums.

Thanks,
Vallarasu S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon