We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGridControl and Excel Binding

Hello,

WPF DataGridControl -
C#

I'm using a DataGridControl that is bound to a DataTable. Is there a way for me to use the IDataErrorInfo interface to show custom error messages? how do I pass the DataGridControl columns to the interface?

and even more importantly, is there a way to use the ObservableCollection to bind to an OleDbConnection connection that uses Excel file as it's data provider? My company works almost exclusively with Excel files and it will be great if I can create a two way binding between the DataGridControl and an Excel file.

thanks

1 Reply

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team April 1, 2011 02:43 PM UTC

Hi Assaf,

Sorry for the delay caused.

1. Regarding IDataErrorInfo Interface:

Currently we don’t have the support for the error validation in the data table. We have logged this as a feature request in our database; we will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. So we request you to check with the product page in our website regarding this feature in the upcoming releases. We will update you once this feature is implemented.

2. Regarding Excel File as Data Provider Using OleDbConnection:

We have prepared the sample based on your requirement; please check the sample for this in the following location

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=GDC_Excel_OleDbConnection369360711.zip

Note: Already we have provided this information in the incident 78560 itself,for a record we give this information here.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Karthick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon