We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Why no support of .NET Framework Client Profile?

Hi,

Could someone have the kindness to answer me why Syncfusion's packages of controls do not support the 3.5/4.0 Client Profile versions of the .NET Framework?

Thanks in advance and all the best,
Dennis

16 Replies

VI Vinothm Syncfusion Team March 21, 2011 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for using our Syncfusion Products.

Syncfusion components have providing the support for Client profile .NET Framework versions. But the tool box does not configured in Visual Studio (2008/2010) for .NET client profile versions.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Vinoth M

DO Dan Ove Aalstad March 25, 2011 11:34 AM UTC

Hi

I have manualy added reference in visual studio "Add reference" menu to Syncfusion DLL's from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.1.0.20\Assemblies\4.0" folder.

Isn't this correct to use .Net 4.0 client profile

Regards,
Dan Ove

DO Dan Ove Aalstad March 25, 2011 11:53 AM UTC

It's the syncfusion reporting DLL's

VI Vinothm Syncfusion Team March 28, 2011 09:20 AM UTC

Hi Dan Ove,
Thanks for using our Syncfusion Products.

Yes. You can add the Syncfusion referenced assemblies from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\9.1.0.20\Assemblies\4.0" folder.

Regards,
Vinoth M

DO Dan Ove Aalstad March 29, 2011 09:20 AM UTC

Hi

I've done so and I still get an error message when I build the project with target framework ".NET Framework 4 Client profile"

"The type or namespace name 'DocIO' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"

When I change the target framework back to ".NET Framework 4" the project build as expected with no errors

Are you sure that syncfusion support .NET client profile?

VI Vinothm Syncfusion Team March 30, 2011 10:37 AM UTC

Hi Dan Ove,

Thanks for the update.

Syncfusion components have been providing support for Client profile .
Could you please share your sample project so that we can help you to resolve your problem?

Regards,
Vinoth M

MS Maxim Software Systems January 23, 2012 09:09 PM UTC

So, is there a definitive answer here? Do all Syncfusion assemblies support the .NET Framework 3.5/4.0 Client Profile targets? If so, starting from which version?

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team February 2, 2012 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Arthur,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

To work with DocIO in Client profile mode, you need to add client profile DocIO assemblies to the project.From the v9.4.0.62, we have shipped Client Profile assemblies with the essential studio setup. For details on adding client profile assemblies to project, please refer the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_94/Reporting/DocIO/ASP.NET/default.htm?turl=Documents%2F231dlls.htm

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

JJ James Jardine March 21, 2012 11:10 PM UTC

I too am having problems running under .NET4 client profile. I am using

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\10.1.0.44\Assemblies\4.0

and am not able to compile with

Error 3 The type or namespace name 'Pdf' does not exist in the namespace 'Syncfusion' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Quantisle\trunk\QiqqaClient\Utilities\PDF\AugmentedPdfLoadedDocument.cs 5 18 Utilities

Do you ship client profile DLLs?

Thanks,
Jimme

GL George Livingston Syncfusion Team March 28, 2012 08:40 AM UTC

Hi Jimme,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We are not able to reproduce the issue in the .Net Framework 4 Client Profile mode and we suspect that the project refers to Syncfusion.Pdf.Base.dll instead of Syncfusion.Pdf.ClientProfile.dll. Please provide us more information about the issue.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
George

BE brian Elgaard April 19, 2012 01:19 PM UTC

I have been looking at version 10 for the sole purpose of upgrade from version 8 - but only if the .NET 4.0 Client Profile is supported.

As far as I can see, Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll does not fulfil this requirement as it references System.Design.

Thus, version 10 does *not* support the .NET 4.0 Client Profile!

The reason for this is probably due to the way that WinForms custom controls are implemented. I would have expected SyncFusion to make a design to work around this problem, such as described in http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/WinFormsCustomCtrl.

Please confirm or educate me on how I can use e.g. the SyncFusion WinForms docking manager and still compile for .NET 4.0 Client Profile.

/Brian

AA Arun A Syncfusion Team April 27, 2012 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the update.

Currently do not have support for Syncfusion.Tools.Windows.dll Syncfusion.Shared.base.dll in .NET Framework 4 Client Profile and we have logged a feature request. We will implement this feature in our forthcoming new version release or service pack release. We usually have a timeframe of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will get back to you once the feature is implemented.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Arun

HS Heribert Scharnagl January 23, 2013 06:46 PM UTC

This problem is not solved. 
I'm using MS-VS2010 Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1 and
Syncfusion Windows 4.0-vs2010 Toolbox 10.4.0.53

The controls of Syncfusion are not available for the  .NET Framework 4 Client Profile...

Why??

BA Berkunath A Syncfusion Team January 25, 2013 11:58 AM UTC

Hi Heribert ,

Thanks for the update .

Still this feature not implemented because this feature have code complexity . The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors like product design, code compatibility and complexity.Once this implemented we will inform you .

Please let us know if you need any other details .

Regards ,

Berkunath A

FW Frank Weller November 14, 2013 02:26 PM UTC

Are there any updates for this issue?
We are developing a client application and switched from AvalonDock and noticed this problem.
We are using Version 11.3.0.30.

Regards,
FrankW

KR Kannan R Syncfusion Team November 18, 2013 12:31 PM UTC

Hi Frank,

Thanks for being patient.

Query

Comments

we want to develop an application for .net 4.0 client profile, but the assembly Syncfusion.Tools.Base need System.Design.

We would like to let you know that, Syncfusion.Tools.Base have dependency on System.Windows.Forms.Design.dll

So once Micro soft provides support for System.Windows.Forms.Design.dll in Dotnet Client Profile. We will consider proceeding this implementation.

Please let us know if it helps,

Regards,

Kannan.R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon