We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hanging indents

Hi. Does anybody have sample code for creating bullets with hanging indents? I've illustrated below the layout I'm trying to achieve.

Previous paragraph...
x This is the text for the first bullet and I want bullet
text that flows to a second line to be indented.
x Second bullet...

In Word, I'd set up a hanging indent to achieve this but I can't seem to find any references to hanging indents in the DocIO examples or documentation.

Regards, Ian

4 Replies

IP Ian Price March 14, 2011 07:38 PM UTC

I just realised all of the leading spaces I included in my bullet layout example below got removed when I posted. I've repated the example below but used underscores to replace the spaces.

Previous paragraph...
__x__This is the text for the first bullet and I want bullet
_____text that flows to a second line to be indented.
__x__Second bullet...

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team March 16, 2011 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have prepared the sample for creating a list with hanging indent. Please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample:
F98640473786517.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

IP Ian Price March 16, 2011 08:20 PM UTC

Poornima,
Hi. That works fine - thanks. Unless I missed it, it might be worth explaining the concept of using a negative value for the FirstLineIndent property in the online documentation for DocIO - it must be a quite a common requirement.

Best regards, Ian

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team March 17, 2011 09:53 AM UTC

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your update.

We will consider your requirement and add the details regarding negative value for first line indent to our online documentation in our future releases.

Please let us know if you have any othe questions.

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon