We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

RibbonControlAdv: items are in an (unwanted) sub-menu

Hello,

we're currently updating from an older version of Syncfusion (6.x) to the latest one (9.1.0.20).
Unfortunately we have an issue with our Ribbon menu after the update.

When our application is maximized everything is fine: all menu-items are directly accessible.
As soon as you minimize the application (I mean shrinking it in size, not minimizing it to the task bar), all menu-items are put in a sub-menu.
I attached two screenshots for a better understanding.

I checked if the height of the ribbon changes when minimizing/maximizing: it always stays the same.
So that's why I could need some help here.

What I need is a fix, which tells the "RibbonControlAdv" that is always has the same height and that it doesn't need to put the menu items in a submenu.

Kind Regards,
Jan

screenshots_ed2d9cd4.zip

3 Replies

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team March 18, 2011 07:17 AM UTC

Hi Jan,

Regret for the inconvenience caused

I am afraid that I cannot able to reproduce the mentioned behavior. Resizing the window do not affect the ToolStripEx Collapsed/Expanded state until it reaches its minimum size, it is working fine as expected from our side. Is there any possible way for you to provide us with a sample that shows this issue? or reproduce the issue in following sample. It will be easier for us to have a closer look into the problem and to resolve it. As a workaround for your problem we suggest you to set the Cancel property to true for the StateChanging event by checking the ribbon’s width. The following code explains the same.

void toolStripEx2_StateChanging(object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
{
if (this.toolStripEx2.State == ToolStripEx.ToolStripExState.Collapsed)
{
if (ribbonControlAdv1.Width > (this.toolStripEx1.Width + this.toolStripEx2.Width))
e.Cancel = false;
}
else if (this.toolStripEx2.State == ToolStripEx.ToolStripExState.Expanded)
{
if (ribbonControlAdv1.Width > (this.toolStripEx1.Width + this.toolStripEx2.Width))
e.Cancel = true;
}
}

Here is a sample for your reference
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=WF-GridInRibbonControl-957599082.zip

Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team March 18, 2011 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Jan,

Addition information.

In future please follow the Direct Trac Incident #78427 for you faster responce.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team March 18, 2011 07:19 AM UTC

Hi Jan,

Addition information.

In future please follow the Direct Trac Incident #78427 for you faster responce.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon