We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataControl freeze

I'm using a GridDataControl bounded to a datatable with nested children.
If a new row is added to grid while one of the parent rows is expanded, the whole grid is collapsed.
Can I keep expanded datarow when grid has to be invalidated?

5 Replies

MA Manikandan Syncfusion Team March 18, 2011 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Itay,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We have analyzed the reported issue with our sample. We didn't find stated issue while adding a new row to grid. Can you please check with the sample in the following location. If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=CS2126329214.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Manikandan J R.

IS Itay Sofer March 28, 2011 06:45 AM UTC

Thanks for supporting me.

When I call DataTable.AcceptChanges() after inserting a new datarow the grid is collapsed.
An additional minor problem I noticed: if a child row is selected when a new row is added, this selection is cleared, whether accepting changes or not.

CS2126329214 modified_5c3c1017.zip

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team April 1, 2011 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Sofer,

Thanks for the update.

We have analyzed the stated issue with your sample and we could found that you are using AcceptChanges method to refresh the table, by removing this, the grid parent row has expanded even we invalidate the GridDataControl.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Karthick

IS Itay Sofer April 6, 2011 03:10 PM UTC

I bypassed the use of AcceptChanges(), but I encoutered another problem. When a child row is modified when its table is expanded (or has been expanded), the change is not reflected on grid.
InvalidateCells() doesn't help, and accessing the child table model or the corresponding record entry is cumbersome.
Calling AcceptChanges() helps in this case, but again it collapses all rows.

CS2126329214 with child modified_6260fa1a.zip

KR Karthick Ravichandran Syncfusion Team April 13, 2011 01:31 PM UTC

Hi Sofer,

Thanks for the patience.

We have analyzed the stated issue with your sample and we have modified the sample in which the cell value of the child row has updated even when the table has expanded . Please find the modified sample under the following location.

Sample : http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=CS78498182.zip

Note : Modification was done in the Window1.xaml.cs file in the Button1_Click event handler

Please let us know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Karthick

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon