We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

OpenFromXml and custom colors

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98570 Mar 9,2011 06:53 AM Mar 11,2011 07:56 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 6
Tags: XlsIO
anatoly
Asked On March 9, 2011 06:53 AM

Hello,

Using OpenFromXml method I've noticed that it looses custom Excel colors set in original Excel XML file.

I've run simple test that opens/saves Excel workbook with OpenFromXml/SaveAs methods and verified that it's true.

I expect that the following part of Excel XML to be treated as custom color in Workbook.Pallette.

#5973A7

Could you please look at the source document attached and advise?

CustomColorTest_d9328ced.zip

Sridhar [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 10, 2011 05:09 AM

Hi Anatoly,

By default, the input sample contains the standard color format in it. If i open it in XlsIO and savi it the format is not changing.

We have to change the custom format in XML tag itself. The custom format colors also retains the same same color in XlsIO.

I have attached here with the sample. Please try the sample at your side and let us know if this helps you.

If you still face the issue, please revert back to us with the simplified sample.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Regards,
Sridhar.S

F98570_711aba06.zip

Sridhar [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 10, 2011 05:16 AM

Hi Anatoly,

Please get the attched sample here.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

F98570_7b172249.zip

anatoly
Replied On March 10, 2011 06:56 AM

Hi Sridhar,

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "We have to change the custom format in XML tag itself. The custom format colors also retains the same same color in XlsIO."

I've run your sample. It works fine with default color (e.g Color.Blue) but if I specify custom color as CellStyle.Color it fails - the colors are different.

Please look at the screen attached.

CustomColorTest_7c35d355.zip

Sridhar [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 11, 2011 01:29 AM

Hi Anatoly,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are able to reproduce the reported issue at our side and suspect this could be a defect.

So we request you to open a new direct-trac incident with a simple issue reproducing sample for further follow up on this issue.

Direct-Trac Link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Please, let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.S

anatoly
Replied On March 11, 2011 02:43 AM

Hi Sridhar,

I've done some additional research and figured out that issue is not with OpenFromXml method itself.

Custom colors dissapear if I open from XML and save to XLS and vice versa. E.g. if I open XML and save as HTML or open XLS and save as XLS they remain fine.

Please table with all tested cases attached.

CustomColorsAndFormats_2328ab9d.zip

Sridhar [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 11, 2011 07:56 AM

Hi Anatoly,

Thanks for the update.

Please follow-up the incident 78290 for more details on this issue and for this forum.

Please let us know if you require any further clarifications.

Thanks,
Sridhar.s

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;