We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridTreeControl selections

Hello,

I need that my GridTreeControl only allows select a row, and that you can edit cell without unselect entire row.

I can't do it, I don't find the simple selection option.

Thanks!

3 Replies

MA Manikandan Syncfusion Team March 11, 2011 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Jorge,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

you can achieve your requirement by setting Selection properties of GridTreeControl as follows.

Code Snipped[C#]

this.treeGrid.EnableSelections = true;
this.treeGrid.EnableNodeSelection = true;
this.treeGrid.EnableHotRowMarker = true;
this.treeGrid.ReadOnly = false;

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample under the following location:

Sample :
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=CS-279216835.zip

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Manikandan J R.

MC Murali Chandrasekaran August 30, 2012 11:31 PM UTC

We use Syncfusion GridTreeControl 10.2.   We leverage the grouping by marking the child and implementing the request tree items handler.

Every time we change the underlying collection, we dont want to refresh the grid such that we lose the collapse/expand state of all nodes. We want to refresh the grid with new data but retain its current state as it is - some nodes expanded, some nodes collapsed.

I call this after the binding refreshes

dataGrid.InternalGrid.PopulateGridNodes(
true);

but only after I do mouseover the grid reflects the right parent/child with + sign.

How to achieve our use case ? Is there different method to call after underlynig data changes -without disturbing the expand/collapse state.

SM Saravanan M Syncfusion Team January 2, 2014 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Murali,

Sorry for delay causes,

We have analyzed your query. If you want to updated the underlying collection without losing the collapse/expand state in all nodes, you need to call the invalidatecell method.

Please refer the below codesnippet.

Codesnippet[C#]:

this.treeGrid.InternalGrid.InvalidateCells();

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can download it from below location,

Sample Location: Treegridsample.zip

Please let us know if this solotion helps you,

Regards,

Saravanan.M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon