We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Reporting Edition + Mail Merge + Employee Report Sample

I have an issue with Mail Merge on reporting Edition.Please look at the sample at an Employee Report Sample at:

http://asp.syncfusion.com/sfaspnetsamplebrowser/8.4.0.10/Web/DocIO.Web/samples/4.0/Mail%20Merge/EmployeeReport/CS/EmployeeReport.aspx?args=7

Here data is coming from Compact Edition database.When I change connection string to SQL Server and change table from EmployeeReport of NorthwindIO of Compact Edition to Employees of Northwind in SQL Server.Everything runs fine except images.They are coming blank.I need to mail merge images through SQL Server. Can you forward some samples through which we will mail merge from SQL Server 2005?I am using the following code:

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
DataTable table=new DataTable ();
string dataPath = @"NorthwindIO.sdf";
string connectionstring = "Data Source = " + dataPath;

SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(@"Data Source=TOR-NSEWEB;Initial Catalog=Northwind;Integrated Security=True");
conn.Open();
SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter("Select TOP(5) * from Employees", conn);

adapter.Fill(table);
adapter.Dispose();
conn.Close();

dataPath = "EmployeesReportDemo.doc";
//Creating a new document.
WordDocument doc = new WordDocument();
// Load template
doc.Open("EmployeesReportDemo.doc", FormatType.Doc);

// Set table name as Employess for template mergefield reference.
table.TableName = "Employees";
// Execute Mail Merge with groups.
doc.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup(table);
doc.Save("Sample.doc");
}

EmployeesReportDemo_1bd6940b.zip

1 Reply

GT Gunasekaran T Syncfusion Team March 8, 2011 09:01 AM UTC

Hi Syed,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We are able reproduce the mentioned issue with images are not merged while mail merging from .sdf database. We suspect this could be a defect. We have forwarded this issue to our developer for further analysis. Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents ), because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well? Please ignore if you have already reported this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Gunasekaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon