We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

DocIo in Silverlight - insert or append html

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98306 Feb 18,2011 11:24 AM Feb 22,2011 04:22 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: DocIO
David Cyr
Asked On February 18, 2011 11:24 AM

I am currently working on a SilverLight project using the Syncfusion.DocIo.Silverlight libraries. One of the project requirements is the need to print to Word the data that a user has input to a Silverlight form. Some of the form fields are rich text controls, the content of which is often times html. I am using a Word document as a template and I'm simply replacing the content of bookmarks within the template. I cannot figure out how to get write the html to the new Word document so that it renders as html (as opposed to a long string of tags like the following). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dfh

here's a bit of the code...
const string template = "TotalSupport;component/Resources/Templates/TotalSupportPrintTemplate.docx";
var uri = new Uri(template, UriKind.Relative);
var sr = Application.GetResourceStream(uri);
var document = new WordDocument(sr.Stream, FormatType.Docx);

var bn = new BookmarksNavigator(document);
bn.MoveToBookmark("TicketNumber");
bn.ReplaceBookmarkContent(ViewModel.Data.TicketNumber ?? string.Empty, false);

Poornima R [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 22, 2011 04:22 AM

Hi David,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently Essential DocIO does not support following conversion part in Silverlight application.
1. Html to Doc
2. Doc to Html
3. Doc to Pdf
4. Doc to Rtf
5. Rtf to Doc

Hence the Html content that comes from RTE cannot be appended to the word document using AppendHtml() or InsertXHtml() method in Silverlight application. We have already logged this as a feature request. We do not have any immediate plan to implement this feature.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;