We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Unselecting a tab node

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

98257 Feb 17,2011 12:24 AM Feb 21,2011 05:03 AM General Discussion 1
Tags: General Discussion
Bryon
Asked On February 17, 2011 12:24 AM

I am using the latest version of syncfusion and would like to know how to unselect the current selected tab.

When I click on the tabstrip and click on a tab node, it stays highlighted which prevents me from reloading a frame page once that tab is selected.
What I would like to do is tho have it operate like an ordinary link where I do nto need to know the tab that I have selected.
So if i select a tab node it changes the url in an iframe, but it does not stay highlighted so if I click it again, it will reload the same page without going to another tab to deselect current then reselecting the previous tab to reload the same page.

Does anyone know how to do this? I am using VB also. thanks

Varalakshmi R.S [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 21, 2011 05:03 AM

Hi Bryon,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Whenever the tab strip is clicked, you are navigating to the same page and hence the page life cycle starts again as a fresh page. So, the tab stripe will highlight the default selected items only. We suggest you to pass the clicked tabstrip details in the query string and based on that, you can set the selected property as true for the clicked tab in the navigated page.

Please refer the following code snippet:

[VB]
Dim strAction As String = Request.QueryString("Action")
Dim strtab As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("tab"))
Dim stritem As Integer = Convert.ToInt32(Request.QueryString("item"))if ((stritem != null) && ( strtab != null))
If (stritem IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (strtab IsNot Nothing) Then
If strtab = 0 Then
Me.TabStrip2.Items(stritem).Selected = True
Else
Me.TabStrip1.Items(stritem).Selected = True
End If
End If

I have also prepared a simple sample and it can be downloaded from the below link,
F98257-760663139.zip

Kindly try this and let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Varalakshmi.R.S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;