We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PlotArea size

Hi,

When including a chart using XlsIO, I would like to increase the ratio of the PlotArea compared to the total ChartArea.
Basically, I am looking for functionality as in the following VBA fragment:

Public Sub IncreasePlotAreaSize()
Const MARGIN As Integer = 25
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Top = 0
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Left = MARGIN
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Width = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Width - MARGIN
ActiveChart.PlotArea.Height = ActiveChart.ChartArea.Height - MARGIN
End Sub

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Mischa.

7 Replies

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team February 8, 2011 07:15 AM UTC

Hi Mischa,

Thank you very much for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Currently in Essential XlsIO, we have not provided any support for increasing the size of plot area in a chart. For more information, could you please refer the online documentation.

Please let us know if you have any other clarifications.

Thanks,
Pauline Bosco.

MS Mischa Spelt February 8, 2011 03:40 PM UTC

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for your reply.
It is quite unfortunate that this is not supported in XlsIO.
A customer requires graphs with a fixed size to be included in the workbook, and a lot of space is now wasted due to the large amounts of whitespace around the plot area.

Maybe you can then help me with the following issue: I tried to save some space by floating the legend over the graph, but when I set Legend.Position to ExcelLegendPosition.NotDocked the graph is compressed to about 5 by 5 pixels with most of the chart area remaining empty. Is there a way to float the legend in the top right corner, for example?

Thanks in advance.

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team February 9, 2011 06:08 AM UTC

Hi Mischa,

Thank you very much for your update.

Using Essential XlsIO, we can set the legend position to left, right, top, bottom, or corner position according to the chart area. The legend can be floated in the top right corner by setting the legend position to corner as

chart.Legend.Position = ExcelLegendPosition.Corner;

Could you please try this and let us know if this helps you out?

Please let us know if you have any other clarifications.

Thanks,
Pauline Bosco.

MS Mischa Spelt February 9, 2011 08:33 AM UTC

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your reply.
Obviously I had already found that property. That does place the legend at the top right corner of the chart but it also shrinks the plot area while I would like to float the legend _over_ the graph (i.e. covering part of the plot area).

I tried setting
chart.Legend.IncludeInLayout = false;
but that shrinks to plot area to a point (and you told me before that unfortunately that cannot be changed using XlsIO).

Please see the attachment for more details.

Thanks.

graphs_42728c33.zip

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team February 10, 2011 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Mischa,

We deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

We were able to reproduce the issue at our side and our development team is analyzing the cause of the issue .It would be great if you could open an incident in Direct-Trac mentioning the forum id and subject to further follow-up on this issue.

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Pauline Bosco.

MS Mischa Spelt February 11, 2011 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for your reply. I have reported the issue under incident no 77130. I hope that you will be able to solve this before we release the product in a week or two.

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team February 14, 2011 04:03 AM UTC

Hi Mischa,

Thank you very much for creating a new incident regarding this issue. We have logged an issue report and we will get back to you with more details through Direct Trac on or before February 16 2011.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Pauline Bosco.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon