We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Allow grouping but not column reordering

Hi, I'd like to prevent users from re-ordering the columns (by dragging the headers around), but allow grouping by dragging column headers into the grouping row.

I tried setting:

requestGrid.TableDescriptor.TableOptions.AllowDragColumns = False

but that prevents both. Is there something I can set to prevent only column ordering, or some event to cancel?

I'm using GridGroupingControl v4.402.0.51

Thanks,
Grant

5 Replies

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team February 7, 2011 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Grant,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

You can use the following event and the code hooked to the event to disable the column on reordering the position, but allow to group through drag and drop.

gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.QueryAllowDragColumn += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventHandler(TableControl_QueryAllowDragColumn);
void TableControl_QueryAllowDragColumn(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Reason == Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnReason.MouseUp)
e.AllowDrag = false;
}

Let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Nirmal

GC Grant Crofton February 8, 2011 12:24 PM UTC

That works, thanks. It isn't ideal as it still looks like the user can reorder the columns by dragging, but it gets around our main problem.

MA Mahendran Syncfusion Team February 14, 2011 03:41 AM UTC

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your update.

To prevent the user can redorder the column by dragging you need to handle the QueryAllowDragColumn Event handler. We have modified the already given code. Please refer the following code.

void TableControl_QueryAllowDragColumn(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnEventArgs e)
{
if (e.Reason == Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnReason.MouseUp || e.Reason==Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.Grouping.GridQueryAllowDragColumnReason.ShowRedArrowIndicator )
e.AllowDrag = false;
}

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards
R.Mahendran.

GC Grant Crofton February 14, 2011 09:59 AM UTC

Excellent, that's even better. Thanks a lot.

Grant

MA Mahendran Syncfusion Team February 15, 2011 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Grant,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards
R.Mahendran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon