We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

FilterBar in GridGroupingControl

How can I modify the behaivor when filtering a GridGroupingControl so that it only shows the records that match both the GROUP they belong to as well as the filter text?

Thanks,

3 Replies

FM Francisco Marquez January 31, 2011 10:10 PM UTC

I would like to clarify that it seems that the custom filter bar is filtering the whole data table instead of using only the subset of records that exist under that group only.

FM Francisco Marquez February 1, 2011 11:53 PM UTC

I really need your help on this issue. Once more, when using a custom FilterBar in a GridGroupingControl in a child table, as you type, the new filter is applied against the whole DataTable, not just the records that belong to that group.

I'd really appreciatte if you could give me some help on this.

Thank you.

NR Nirmal Raja Syncfusion Team February 2, 2011 03:48 AM UTC

Hi Paco,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Instead of customizing the filter bar scenario, please make use of the Dynamic Filter for the grid that is flexible on the type of filters that could be used with the conditions.

Please refer the sample from our sample browser available in the following location on where the Essential studio installed:
{Installed Drive}:\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\{Version Number}\Windows\Grid.Grouping.Windows\Samples\2.0\Filters and Expressions\Dynamic Filter Demo

Let me know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Nirmal

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon