We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Use DOCIo to edit documents

Hello,

I have a requirement for a soultion I am working on, where I need to load the DOCX document in Silverlight application where the user can use the UI to create BOOKMARKS where we can attach additional metadata.

My question:

Can DocIo support displaying the documents in Silverlight? If yes, can you provide and example?

Also, does DocIo allow the user to navigate between bookmarks? I understand that there is Bookmarks Navigator. But how do we give the user access to this functionality.

3 Replies

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team January 24, 2011 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

Essential DocIO provide support for creating and manipulating word documents using Silverlight. Regarding the query of “Navigating bookmark in the word document using user access”, we have created a simple Silverlight sample for your requirement. Could you please find the sample from the below link. Try running the sample and let us know if this helps you.

Sample link:
SilverlightApplication4958511776.zip

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Poornima

JB Jay bishtawi January 24, 2011 05:28 PM UTC

Thank you so much for your help with this.

The project you provided give me (the project that I am working on) half of the functionality I am looking for.

I need to be able to show the document to the user. as the user scorlls throught the document (it can not be opened in Word for this purpose) via our Silverlight 4 UI. Which is why I am evaluating this contorl. Is the ability to open the document in a silverlight UI, then as the user scrolls throught the document need to be able to add a bookmark, where we attache additional metadata.

I am looking for a way to open the document from the server, open it and load it on the Silverlight 4, which is what I am assuming your controls does. Then give the user the ability to freely add bookmarks to the document.

I hope my explanation is better and that you can provide me with some guidelines on how to do this.

Thank you

PR Poornima R Syncfusion Team January 25, 2011 07:38 AM UTC

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your update.

Essential DocIO is a library and it is not a control to provide user access to the word document. Essential DocIO allows to load, manipulate and save the word document using the code. The bookmark can be inserted or manipulated using code as in the sample provided by us in our previous update.

We have planned to implement a new control named RichTextBoxAdv In Tool Silverlight for our next 2011 Volume 1 release which will be available in the month of February. By using this control, the word document can be opened, edited and saved by the user. The following features will be supported in this new control.

1. Export/Import- Doc, Docx, HTML, XAML, txt
2. Bullets and Numbering
3. Inserting image, hyperlink and UIElement.
4. Text Formatting
5. Paragraph alignment and indentation.
6. Two layout modes- Pages and web layout
7. Undo and Redo
8. Clipboard support

Regards,
Poornima

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon