We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Selected Node & Property Grid

Hi,

In syncfusion, is it possible that when i select the custom node, the node's property will automatically display its properties in the Property Grid? I had tried to implement GridView_NodeSelected event and assign the evtArg.Node to propertyGrid.SelectedObject but nothing show up. FYI, the node is a custom node that i derived from Node class.

10 Replies

SM Sundar M Syncfusion Team January 31, 2011 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Edmund,

We have created sample for property grid as per your requirements, in that sample we have created a CustomNodeClass(WorkflowNodeType) with the customProperty named ”NewProperty”. Now Property grid control will display the property for which node you have Selected. In that sample if you Select the node labeled “CustomNode”, property grid will display the custom property also. For more details please refer the sample following below.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sundar M.

PropertyGrid_bdb633b4.zip

TR trinadh March 7, 2011 11:55 AM UTC

hi

Can i drag the property window at any position on screen?

Thanks
Trinadh

MA Maria Amal Raj T Syncfusion Team March 11, 2011 11:05 AM UTC

Hi,

With the help of Syncfusion DockingManager we can drag the Property window at any position on the screen. We have created a sample based on your requirements, please refer the sample from the below link.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Maria Amal Raj T,
Diagram WPF & Silverlight Team[Syncfusion].

PropertyGrid_78fc314a.zip

TR trinadh March 14, 2011 08:21 AM UTC

hi

I want to keep only main attributes say ID, Label, width, height.. in attribute window. Can i make remaining attributes invisible?

Thanks,
trinadh

DM Deenadhayalan M Syncfusion Team March 15, 2011 02:05 PM UTC

Hi

The following sample will show you how to invisible the properties in the PropertyGrid of the selected Node. Please find under the following location.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Deenadhayalan

PropertyGrid_a9bd8035.zip

TR trinadh March 18, 2011 09:41 AM UTC

hi

Is there any way to add new attributes for a shape? i am attaching an image that makes clear understand.

Thanks,
Trinadh

addattribure_319db67e.zip

TR trinadh March 21, 2011 05:46 AM UTC

Hi,

Let me elaborate the requirement, i just want to add an attribute Type-I that having a dropdown options L1,O2,P3. How can i add this kind of attribute in property window?

Thanks,
Trinadh

DM Deenadhayalan M Syncfusion Team April 19, 2011 03:32 AM UTC

Hi Trinath,

We are sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

We have prepared a sample to show you, how to add an new attribute for a shape. Please find the sample under the below link. And regarding attribute like Dropdown options you can use the CategoryEditor. The below link will useful for CategoryEditor.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_91/User%20Interface/WPF/Tools/index.htm

Regards,
Deenadhayalan

PropertyGrid_f77836f2.zip

TR trinadh May 26, 2011 06:05 AM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for the response. It was helpful but i want to add my own options inside a dropdown.

For example, we need to add an attribute say Type-I which should be a dropdown and it will have the options like 'a', 'b', 'c'...

How to add 'a', 'b', 'c',.. under Type-I?

Thanks,
Trinadh

DM Deenadhayalan M Syncfusion Team May 31, 2011 07:45 PM UTC

Hi Trinath,

Please find the sample under the following location which will illustrate your requirement. We have added a property called PropertyGridType which is a DropDown having three options like A,B,c.

Regards,
Deenadhayalan

PropertyGrid_d298f894.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon