We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

PDF/A 1B

Hi,

i have created a pdf with syncfusion tools and it seems invalid.

The code for PdfDocument creation is the following

Dim pdfDocument As New PdfDocument(PdfConformanceLevel.Pdf_A1B)
pdfDocument.FileStructure.Version = PdfVersion.Version1_4
pdfDocument.FileStructure.CrossReferenceType = PdfCrossReferenceType.CrossReferenceTable

The code for PdfFont creation is the following

Dim font As System.Drawing.Font = New System.Drawing.Font(name, size, fontStyle)
Dim pdfFont As New PdfTrueTypeFont(font, True)

The result is that when i open the PDF file in AcrobatReader it seems a valid PdfA but NOT when i analyze it with Adobe Acrobat Pro.

I've attached a zip with the PDF created with Syncfusion and an image with the result of Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Regards,
Stefano

PDFA1B_9990f906.zip

6 Replies

EE Enrica EANDI January 17, 2011 08:12 AM UTC

I've the same problem using the PDF/A generated from the Syncfusion Dashboard sample.

I've attached the PDF/A generated from the dashboard.

Regards,
Stefano

Sample_9becd6c1.zip

PJ Priyadharshini J Syncfusion Team January 19, 2011 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for the details.

We are not able to reproduce the issue 'PDF file in AcrobatReader is valid PdfA but not in Adobe Acrobat Pro'. The snapshots for the same is available in the location below:
PDFA436446321.zip

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Priyadharshini

EE Enrica EANDI January 20, 2011 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Priyadharshini,

which version of Adobe Acrobat Pro have you used for the pdf validation?

I've used Adobe Acrobat Pro 9; if Adobe Acrobat Pro version that you used is not 9 could you try the validation with the version 9?

Thanks

Regards,
Stefano

PJ Priyadharshini J Syncfusion Team January 21, 2011 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for the details.

We could see the problem while verifying the given document for "PDF/A compliance" with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and it is under further investigation.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Priyadharshini.

EE Enrica EANDI May 6, 2011 11:48 AM UTC

Hi,

the latest version (Version 9.1.0.24 (Service Pack release) posted on April 22nd, 2011) contains the correction for the PDF/A problem?

Regards,
Stefano

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team May 9, 2011 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Stefano,

Thank you for your continued interest in Syncfusion products.

The "PDF/A compliance" with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 has been fixed in our latest Essential Studio release v9.2.0.137 Could you please try with this version?

Regards,
Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon