We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Filter options out of synch with column contents

Hi,

I'm using GridGroupingControl v8 in a WinForms project.

Occasionally the options available in the Filter Bar drop down are out of synch with the contents of the column.

We have overridden GridTableFilterBarCellModel's FillWithChoices method to do some customization. We get the filter options by calling GetFilterBarChoices(GridTableCellStyleInfoIdentity), using the cell identity from the GridStyleInfo passed to FillWithChoices.

Sometimes GetFilterBarChoices return values that have been removed from the column, and sometimes it excludes values that are currently available. For example, in the attached screenshot, 22 and 33 are not included in the filter options, but they are in the column.

Is there a way I can force the values returned by GetFilterBarChoices to be reset/re-populated?

Thanks.

---
Richard

filter_options_857b61c3.zip

4 Replies

MA manukrishnan January 17, 2011 05:11 PM UTC

Dear All,
I'm checking following features in the FilterBar,

1, Is there any option to hide the ComboBox in the filter bar?

2, Anyone know the way to set the default Fiter Style to Expression Match instead of Satr With

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 18, 2011 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Please refer to the following following KB article for more details on overriding the GridTableFilterBarCellModel and using the FillWithChoices method :

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/666/How-do-I-hide-the-

Sample mentioned in the KB can be obtained from the following link:

http://help.syncfusion.com/samples/kb/grid.windows/GGCRemoveCustom/Custom.zip

Regards,
Jisha

RI Richard January 18, 2011 02:55 PM UTC

Hi Jisha,

Thanks for your response.

Our implementation of FillWithChoices basically matches the linked example in KB666.

The problem is that the GetFilterBarChoices() method, used in KB666, sometimes returns values that are out of synch with the column's contents.

For example, in the screenshot I attached earlier in this thread, GetFilterBarChoices() did not return values 22 and 33. Even though they can be seen in the grid.

Is there a "Refresh" or "Reset" method somewhere I can call, to ensure that GetFilterBarChoices() returns values that are up-to-date?

Thanks.

---
Richard

JJ Jisha Joy Syncfusion Team January 25, 2011 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

It seems that you have created a Direct-trac incident for the same query. Please follow up with it.

Regards,
Jisha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon