We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ComboBoxAdv will persist the previous status?

I am newcome to Syncfusion products. When using ComboBoxAdv, I find the ComboBoxAdv can preserve the previous selected value even if I reset the selectedindex.

For example:
I need to show one dialog with comboboxadv control according to the initial value, Click "Create" button will show the initial information, and Click "Modify" button will show the information that need to be updated.

private Form2 form = new Form2();
private void Reset()
{
form.comboBoxAdv1.SelectedIndex = 0;
form.comboBox1.SelectedIndex = 0;

}

private void buttonAdv1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Reset();
form.ShowDialog();
}

private void buttonAdv2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Reset();
form.comboBoxAdv1.SelectedIndex = 2;
form.comboBox1.SelectedIndex = 2;
form.ShowDialog();
}

You will find that Microsoft ComboBox can action as expected, but ComboBoxAdv can persist the previous selection instead of my reset.

9 Replies

HA hans.hu January 12, 2011 04:10 AM UTC

Shall I initialize the identical dialog with some codes when I will reclick the "create" button after clicking "modify" button?

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team January 20, 2011 11:38 PM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thanks for ur interest in Syncfusion Products.

Could you please tell us in which version you are evaluating the ComboBoxAdv. Sice the mentioned issue is not reproduced in our new version.

Please let us know if u have any concern.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

HA hans.hu January 21, 2011 01:39 AM UTC

Currently I am using Essential Studio 7.4.0.20.

HA hans.hu January 21, 2011 02:12 AM UTC

Attached is the example.
After you click Update button, you will find this issue when reclick the Create button:
The ComboBoxAdv cannot be reset, it also preserves the previous selectedIndex other than 0.

ComboBoxAdv_f9b2e057.zip

HA hans.hu January 21, 2011 02:13 AM UTC

Attached is the example.
After you click Update button, you will find this issue when reclick the Create button:
The ComboBoxAdv cannot be reset, it also preserves the previous selectedIndex other than 0.

ComboBoxAdv_f6c21aa2.zip

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team January 21, 2011 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your update.

This issue have been fixed in our 8.2 version. By next month we will be having the Vol1 2011 release. You could check with the release version more updated and features.

If you could request we would update the fix to you in patch formate in your requested version. For that you have to post an incident in Direct Trac regarding the defect through that we will post you the patch.

[Direct Trac Link]
http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac

Please let us know if you need more details.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

HA hans.hu January 21, 2011 09:56 AM UTC

Thanks a lot.

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team January 21, 2011 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

You are most welcome.

Regards,
J Jeraldes

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team January 21, 2011 09:57 AM UTC

Hi Hans,

You are most welcome.