We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion helper for MVC

Hello,

I'm new to Syncfusion, and need to implement a Schedule control. By reading the documentation, it says that I need to add the following code to register the StyleManager, but when I place the code to my View page the "Syncfusion()" helper method is not recognized.

Error Message:
'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper>' does not contain a definition for 'Syncfusion' and no extension method 'Syncfusion' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Sample Code:
<%=Html.Syncfusion().StyleManager()
.Register(styleSheet =>
{
styleSheet.Add(ComponentType.Schedule);
}); %>

Do I need to add an additional assebly reference? I've already added the Syncfusion.Code, Syncfusion.Shared.MVC, Syncfusion.Schedule.MVC assemblies.

Thank you for your help.

11 Replies

KD Krishnaraj D Syncfusion Team January 7, 2011 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Fernando Castro,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

The Style manager has been introduced in 8.4.0.1 version, so it will not be supported in lower versions.

You need to configure your web.config file properly to get the intellisense for "Syncfusion()" helper method.

Follow the below steps to configure it properly.

1.Add the following assemblies in the Web.config page under the tag: Syncfusion.Core, Syncfusion.Schedule.Mvc, Syncfusion.Linq.Base and Syncfusion.Shared.Mvc.

…………
…………

2. Add the Syncfusion.Mvc.Schedule, Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared and Syncfusion.Mvc.Tools namespaces under the tag.

……….
……….

3. Register the handlers under , tags in the web.config file by using the following code.

………..
………..

……..

…….
…….

Note:

If .Net framework version is 3.5, then assembly version is 8.403.0.10.
If .Net framework version is 4.0, then assembly version is 8.404.0.10.

Please refer our online documentation in the below link to configure your web.config file properly.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_84/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Schedule/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Faddingcodestothewebconfigfile.htm

Refer the below link to create a simple schedule control.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_84/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Schedule/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Fcreatingtheschedulecontrolusingviewcustomization.htm

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Krishnaraj D

NE Nick Eposito January 27, 2011 02:59 PM UTC

Hello,

I am getting the same error as above. However, I am using ASP.NET MVC 3 with this project. I have gone through the web.config multiple times and configured it how you specify. Should this work for ASP.NET MVC 3?

Sample Code:
@Html.Syncfusion().StyleManager().Register(styleSheet => {styleSheet.Add(ComponentType.Schedule);});

Thanks.

KD Krishnaraj D Syncfusion Team January 31, 2011 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Fernando Castro,

We don't have support for MVC3 in our Essential studio version 8.4.0.10. We have implemented MVC3 support for all our MVC controls and it will be available in our upcoming volume1 2011 release which is scheduled in the first week of February. You can check our website periodically to know about our release information.

Regards,
Krishnaraj D

GC Greg Clouston February 15, 2011 01:34 PM UTC

Is there any documentation available to demonstrate how to implement the 9.1 controls in a MVC 3 view?

KD Krishnaraj D Syncfusion Team February 22, 2011 02:07 PM UTC

Hi Greg Clouston,

We have prepared a document which demonstrate the implementation of schedule control in MVC3 view.

Please find the document from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Document-942249026.zip

In the similar way, you can implement all other controls in MVC3.

Please let us Know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Krishnaraj D

PS Philip Stanton June 16, 2011 09:25 AM UTC

Hi,
I followed these steps (but using MVC grid) in VS2010 MVC3. It gives errors:

'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' does not contain a definition for 'Syncfusion' and no extension method 'Syncfusion' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have used 4.0.30319 (Runtime Version), 9.204.0.138 (Assembly Versions) and 9.2.0.138 (Essential Studio Version) and none of these worked either.

Thank You
Phil

BP Brian Parris June 16, 2011 06:53 PM UTC

I'm having the exact same issue as Philip posted this morning. Someone from Syncfusion please help!

BP Brian Parris June 16, 2011 08:20 PM UTC

I solved this by putting @using Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared at the top of _Layout.cshtml

BP Brian Parris June 17, 2011 01:13 PM UTC

That wasn't really the solution either. Check the properties of the Syncfusion assemblies added to References. Check the path to the assembly and make sure it's not looking at the 3.5 folder. That was my issue. I didn't pick the 4.0 assemblies when I added references. Thus making my version in web.config wrong too.

BP Brian Parris June 17, 2011 01:13 PM UTC

That wasn't really the solution either. Check the properties of the Syncfusion assemblies added to References. Check the path to the assembly and make sure it's not looking at the 3.5 folder. That was my issue. I didn't pick the 4.0 assemblies when I added references. Thus making my version in web.config wrong too.

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team June 21, 2011 07:23 AM UTC

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products.

We have provided response to your query in the incident 81662.

Could you please follow up with the incident.

Regards,
Eswari.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon