We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Problem implementing a Bound ComboBox in DataGrid (5.8)

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

9774 Jan 9,2004 02:05 PM Feb 6,2004 11:17 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: FAQ
Rick Liebespach
Asked On January 9, 2004 02:05 PM

I downloaded the sample programs associated with FAQ 5.8 - Adding a ComboBox to the DataGrid I have the unbound version working in my app, but I need to get the bound version working in my app. It works in it's sample but in my app it gives the following message: ------------------ An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll Additional information: Cast from string "Note" to type 'Double' is not valid. ------------------ Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong? I really need to get this workiing! Thanks, Rick

Anonymous
Replied On February 6, 2004 11:17 AM

> I downloaded the sample programs associated with FAQ 5.8 - Adding a ComboBox to the DataGrid > > I have the unbound version working in my app, but I need to get the bound version working in my app. > It works in it's sample but in my app it gives the following message: > ------------------ > An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll > > Additional information: Cast from string "Note" to type 'Double' is not valid. > ------------------ > > Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong? > I really need to get this workiing! > > Thanks, > Rick ------------- You may be having problems with a default value of DBnull. See this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;318039

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;