We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem implementing a Bound ComboBox in DataGrid (5.8)

I downloaded the sample programs associated with FAQ 5.8 - Adding a ComboBox to the DataGrid I have the unbound version working in my app, but I need to get the bound version working in my app. It works in it's sample but in my app it gives the following message: ------------------ An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll Additional information: Cast from string "Note" to type 'Double' is not valid. ------------------ Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong? I really need to get this workiing! Thanks, Rick

1 Reply

AN Anonymous February 6, 2004 11:17 AM

> I downloaded the sample programs associated with FAQ 5.8 - Adding a ComboBox to the DataGrid > > I have the unbound version working in my app, but I need to get the bound version working in my app. > It works in it's sample but in my app it gives the following message: > ------------------ > An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidCastException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll > > Additional information: Cast from string "Note" to type 'Double' is not valid. > ------------------ > > Does anyone have any ideas what I did wrong? > I really need to get this workiing! > > Thanks, > Rick ------------- You may be having problems with a default value of DBnull. See this article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;318039

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon