We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

License locked to computer

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97663 Dec 22,2010 11:10 AM UTC Dec 23,2010 01:27 PM UTC General Discussion 4
Tags: General Discussion
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 22, 2010 11:10 AM UTC

In our project we are using v7.3.0.20 and we have had no problems so far. But recently my old computer went crazy (formatting doesn't help) and I got a new computer instead, but I can't get it working on the new computer
When I run the application (or even the examples that follows Syncfusion) I get this error:
"Syncfusion Licensing Runtime was not able to detect a valid key for this version of Essential Studio"

I have tried all the tools that is included to no luck

Today I just reformatted and reinstalled Visual Studio and Syncfusion on the old pc and here it works perfectly. It looks like my license is locked to the old pc, but I can't find any information on how I can unlock it from the old pc and lock it to the new pc instead

Any ideas?

Replied On December 22, 2010 11:47 AM UTC

I did uninstall Syncfusion from the old pc again

S.Anandharaman [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 23, 2010 07:58 AM UTC

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products.

Could you please ensure that you have installed the fix to avoid the licensing issue for Essential Studio version 7.3.0.20 form the below link?

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/2130/

If your new machine was 64-bit machine (Essential Studio version 7.3.0.20 does not support for 64-bit machines): Could you please follow the below steps to resolve the licensing issue?

Prior to the Essential Studio version 7.4.0.20 (i.e. v7.3.0.20), Syncfusion Essential Studio supported only 32-bit machines. When the earlier versions of Essential Studio were installed in 64-bit machines, licensing issue may occurs. For the purpose of avoiding such conflicts, Sync64bitSupport.exe makes the necessary changes in the registry of 64-bit machines.

Please follow the below steps to avoid the licensing issues in 64-bit machines:

1. Download the Sync64bitSupport.exe from the following link:

Sync64bitSupport.exe

2. Open the command line window in administrative mode.

3. Execute the Sync64bitSupport.exe with following arguments.

[WorkingFolder]> "Sync64bitSupport" "ESVERSION"

Ex: c:\>Sync64bitSupport.exe "7.3.0.20"

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
AnandharamanS

Replied On December 23, 2010 09:21 AM UTC

Thanks, that seems to have fixed the problem

Kannan [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 23, 2010 01:27 PM UTC

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that the issue is resolved in your end.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Kannan.S

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;