We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Adding a floating and resizable textBox on the Chart Control

Hi,
I need to let the user add floating, re sizable and multi-line textBoxes on the chart control.
To achieve that, I use a ChartDockControl that I add on the ChartControl but I cannot resize the textBox by enlarging or shrinking the textBox area using the mousse.

Any idea on how I can do that? I guess that this is related to the ChartDockControl behavior.

Here is the code I use:
Dim tbox As TextBox = New TextBox()
Dim CDctrl As ChartDockControl = New ChartDockControl(tbox)
tbox.Size = New System.Drawing.Size(80, 25)
tbox.AutoSize = True
tbox.Multiline = True
tbox.WordWrap = True
tbox.Dock = DockStyle.Fill
CDctrl.Position = ChartDock.Floating
CDctrl.Alignment = ChartAlignment.Near
chartControl.Controls.Add(CDctrl)
chartControl.DockingManager.Add(CDctrl)

Thank you

6 Replies

SC Subash Chandran M Syncfusion Team December 16, 2010 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Leila,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Essential Studio.

Currently, the feature 'dynamically resizing chart dock control' is not available in our library. You can set the size of the control using size property. We suggest you to use Floating of the chart dock control in order to change the position of the chart dock control.

Regards,
Subash Chandran M

LB Leïla Benakezouh December 16, 2010 05:41 PM UTC

Hi,
Thank you for your answer. This is not a major issue for me. I can still open a separate window to let the user change the Text Box size and it works well.
I have a more important issue with the Text Box floating on the chart Control. whether it is when printing or copying the chart (even using the tool bar items Copy and Print), the Text Box appear not complete on the resulting picture (see the picture attached).

Can you help me on that ?

Printing-TextBox_b2638cc4.rar

SC Subash Chandran M Syncfusion Team December 17, 2010 07:14 AM UTC

Hi Leila,

Thanks for the update.

I am afraid, that I was unable to reproduce this issue. We have created a sample to meet your requirement, in which the resulting picture of printing and copying textbox is complete. Kindly check the screenshots attached below.

Sample - Floating Textbox-621012049.zip

Could you please send us the simple sample which reproduces the issue. So that we could sort out the cause of the issue and provide you the better solution. Also, provide us the details of the Syncfusion Essential studio version you are using currently.

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Subash Chandran M

LB Leïla Benakezouh December 20, 2010 09:26 AM UTC

Hi,
Can you first send me the code you used to reproduce this case ?
Mine is very complicated and depending on the situation, one routine is called and another is not so I'm trying to identify which one forces the graphic to be repainted on the top on the TextBox.

Thank you in advance

I use the version 8.3.0.21
In my case, the TextBox is added by the user from a toolBar Item that I created.
Here is the routine I use for that:

Attached to this message, you can find the chart Control that I use in my application.

MyChartControl_34e0e315.rar

LB Leïla Benakezouh December 20, 2010 09:35 AM UTC

Hi,

The code I put in the previous attached folder was not the latest version. Please, use the one sent with this message.

Thank you.

MyChartControl_733b7121.rar

SC Subash Chandran M Syncfusion Team December 21, 2010 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Leila,

Thanks for the update.

We have checked your requirement once again using Syncfusion Essential Studio version 8.3.0.21 and we still cannot reproduce the issue reported by you. The sample that we created to reproduce the issue could be found in the following link :

97594-253450677.zip

Please let me know if any concerns.

Regards,
Subash Chandran M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon