We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

New Grid Rows Created When Not Desired

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97588 Dec 14,2010 07:34 PM UTC Dec 21,2010 02:57 PM UTC WPF 1
Tags: GridControl
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 14, 2010 07:34 PM UTC

Hi,

I have a GridDataControl bound to an observable collection with the following properties set:

ShowAddNewRow = True
ActivateCurrentCellBehaviour = ClickOnCell
NotifyPropertyChanges = True
UpdateMode = PropertyChange

All the binding is fine but when I click on a cell in the new row (row with header of *), and then click on another row without having made any changes in that cell, a new entry is automatically added to the observable collection and a new row added to the grid as a result.

I only want a new row added if a user has actually made a change to any of the cells in the new row - otherwise they will end up with lots of empty rows simply by clicking on and off the new row!

Thanks

Tristan.

Mohamed Suhaib Fahad A. [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 21, 2010 02:57 PM UTC

Hi Tristan,

We emulate the behavior as done in the MS DataGrid for this scenario. We will take this as a feedback to our GridDataControl. Can you please log a DirectTrac incident with the forum title? This will help us follow-up with you once we have this implemented.

Thanks,
Fahad

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;