We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Failed to Load docking state

I am using version syncfusion 8.1.0.30. I have a large windows app with docking. When I save the dock state and try to load it, it fails to load. While debugging, i saw that the NewDockStateEndLoad event has e.LoadResult == false. I assume this means that syncfusion was not able to load the dock state for some reason. Is there a way that I can find out what is failing to load?

To make sure it wasn't my error, I made a very basic application and the loading works fine, so there must be something in my large application that syncfusion is having trouble with. I would rather not add in parts of my large application piece by piece to figure out what is causing the issue, but that is my next step unless anybody has some better advice.

Thanks in advance,

Collin

1 Reply

JJ Jeraldes J Syncfusion Team December 14, 2010 05:19 PM UTC

Hi Collin,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We don’t have any defects reported / fixed on Dock State persistence these days. One of the main reason a Load State call could fails is when the Dock State of a control goes unavailable, this will happen in cases when the control is added to the docking manager dynamically. To rectify this we can use the DockStateUnavailable Event.

This DockStateUnavailable event occurs if serialized information is not available for a dockable control when loading a persisted dock state. Please refer with the User Guide for core details.

[User Guide Link]

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_84/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Tools/Documents/dockstateunavailableevent.htm

We would request you to provide us the reproducing steps if you are facing the same issue. This would be very much helpful for us to provide you the better solution.

Please let us know if you need any other details.

Regards,
Jeraldes J

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon