We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Create merged PDF file with TOC and links

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97507 Dec 3,2010 08:30 AM Aug 9,2018 07:37 AM Windows Forms 5
Tags: PDF
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On December 3, 2010 08:30 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to create a merged PDF file that has a cover page containing a table of contents of the merged documents with links to the first page of each merged document.

I looked at the PdfDocumentLinkAnnotation class but I don't know how to get destination for each of the merged files. I'm merging about 30 PDF files with PdfDocument.Merge(files).

Thanks,
-Dave

Selvakumar P [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 6, 2010 06:39 AM

Hi David,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We can create Table of contents using Essential PDF. We have attached the sample using TOC. Please got through the sample and let us know if you have any questions.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=747461110431534.zip

Regards,
Selvakumar.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 6, 2010 06:18 PM

In your sample, you use doc.Pages.Add() which returns a PdfPage which you then can use to create a PdfDestination.

But in my case I'm merging PDFs and the Merge method does not return the inserted document, rather it returns the merged document so the destination would always point to the first page.

Selvakumar P [Syncfusion]
Replied On December 7, 2010 01:36 AM

Hi Dave,

Please download the sample, in which we have merged the documents and added the table of contents to it. Please download the same from the link below.

Sample:
http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=97507_forum-39878328.zip

Regards,
Selvakumar.

MrHessellund
Replied On August 8, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the same thing (merge documents, create a TOC with internal navigation links to the individual merged documents).

I am unable to download the mentioned sample.

Please advise.

Best regards,
Johannes

KarthikeyanC [Syncfusion]
Replied On August 9, 2018 07:37 AM

Hi Johannes,  
We have created the custom sample for “Create TOC with internal navigation links to the individual merged documents”. Please find the sample for the same from below location, 

Regards, 
Karthikeyan 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;