We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Zooming without zooming through the browser

I can't quite seem to zoom without having the browser be doing it. I have tried setting the IsPageEditable = true and then calling the diagramView.ZoomIn(diagramView) to no avail. Nothing happenes. Am I missing something?

I was able to to do a scale transform on the Page tied to the mouse wheel (when the shift key is pressed) which is what I want, but then I don't get scrollbars.

4 Replies

SM Sundar M Syncfusion Team November 24, 2010 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Brad,

Currently Zoom feature is not supported. Silverlight supports only RenderTransform and not LayoutTransform. RenderTransform is designed in such a way that it affects the UIElements only visually but it does not affects the Layout. That is when render transform is applied to DiagramPage, it will change the visual appearance of the DiagramPage but it does not changes the size of the DiagramPage, because of this Scroll viewer will not know about the change in DiagramPage’s size.

However this zooming feature is already in our feature queue. We will implement this feature in our upcoming release vloume1 2011 which is tentatively scheduled to be held on second week of January 2011.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sundar M.

AK Andreas Kostian April 19, 2012 11:38 AM UTC

Hi,

is zooming already implemented?

In the onlie documentation I found something about ZoomCommands, but this doesn't seem to be available in the silverlight diagram control.

We need the possibility to zoom programmatically (e.g. if the user clicked on a button).

Can you provide us with an example for that?

Best regards,

Andreas Kostian

AK Andreas Kostian April 19, 2012 01:06 PM UTC

Hi,

as I was able to found out in the meantime, I can call diagramControl.ZoomIn.Execute to perform zooming, but only if diagramControl.View.IsPageEditable is set to true.

Is there a reason, why only editable diagrams can zoomed?

We use the diagram to display workflows, which are not editable by the user, but for a better view they should have the possibility to zoom in or out.

Best regards,

Andreas

JR Jegan R Syncfusion Team April 27, 2012 10:16 AM UTC

Hi Andreas,

It is by design that, when IsPageEditable property is set to true, zooming operation cannot be performed.
However, in our future releases, we will change this behavior such that zooming works independently from IsPageEditable.

As a workaround, please set the IsPageEditable to true before executing zooming and reset it to false after zooming is complete, as shown in the following code snippet.

Code Snippet:
diagramView.IsPageEditable = true;
diagramControl.ZoomIn.Execute(diagramView.Page);
diagramView.IsPageEditable = false;

Regards,
Jegan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon