We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Button hotkey / shortcut not working

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97249 Nov 11,2010 06:13 AM Nov 16,2010 06:22 AM General Discussion 3
Tags: General Discussion
Vaibhav Sanghavi
Asked On November 11, 2010 06:13 AM

Hi I have two buttons (Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ButtonAdv) on my grandient panel. For one of them hotkey is working (&Clear Fields) but not working for another (&Search).

Any idea what is the issue here? I have tried using different characters for creating shortcuts like S&earch and Searc&h. None of them seem to be working.

Lingaraj S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 13, 2010 12:08 AM

Hi Vaibhav,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

By Default, ButtonAdv will works like MS behavior for mnemonics. Try to set "Hide Underlined letters for keyboard” in System to show the mnemonics.

Please let me know if you still face the issue. Could you try send reproducing sample that would be helpful for us to analyze the issue and better solution?

Regards,
Lingaraj S.

Vaibhav Sanghavi
Replied On November 16, 2010 12:20 AM

Looks like if I capture the button click in the same file then it works. But if one handles the mouse click event in some other file then hotkey doesn't work.

Vallarasu S [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 16, 2010 06:22 AM

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that am unable to replicate the reported behavior on our end with the details provided.

Attached is the sample used to test the behavior here. Could you please modify the sample to reproduce the behavior and send it back to us with the version details of Essential Studio?, So that we can have the reported behavior addressed at the earliest.

Note : Mnemonic keys will invoke the click event of the control.

Please let us know if you have concerns on this.

Regards
Vallarasu S.

BtnAdvTestApp_ca118a56.zip

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;