We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unstable performance

Hello,

I am now using the Syncfusion XlsIO module to create a report tool. My approach is first create some template xls, then the tool will parse some parameters and create a new sheet using the existing template. There are more than one sheet that will use the same template in one report and one workbook.

However, when I perform the template marker on one specific template worksheet, in the second time it fails, and the exception is "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Int32' to type 'System.String'.", which is thrown in the applayMarkers() function. This function is called twice since there are two samples to be applyed on the same template(but new instance of the template each time). So when I apply the sample using the marker just once, no matter which sample, it works, only when I apply twice, if throws such an exception. So I don't think it is the problem of the samples.

I hope I can debug into the source code of the XlsIO module, but no matter what I did, add references, or even add the project of XlsIO to the same solution, it will not step into the souce code of XlsIO. So I cannot see what is happening and why.

I encounted also some similar problem with other functions, the first call works, but the second or the later call fails, and the exception was even "The methode or the operation is not implemented"! However I avoided this problem, but the problem above cannot be avoided, otherwise the report tool cannot work as expected.

Please give me some help, thanks!

Weixiang

1 Reply

LR Lokesh R Syncfusion Team November 19, 2010 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Weixiang,

Thank you very much for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

As per the reported details i hope that your tool is multithreaded if so then for your information Essential XlsIO is not a thread safe product. If not can you please update us the simple issue reproducing sample, So that we can proceed further and analyze the actual cause of the issue.

Please let us know if you need any clarifications.

Thanks,
Lokesh.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon