We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

HtmlConverter.fromString - works in local machine, no reponse in server

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97098 Oct 28,2010 02:03 AM UTC Nov 16,2010 05:13 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 3
Tags: PDF
Michael Tse
Asked On October 28, 2010 02:03 AM UTC

Hi,

I am using the HtmlConverter to convert program generated HTML into PDF in an ASP.NET page. Initially it works well in my dev machine which runs WinXP. However, when I deployed it to a Windows server (Windows 2003 SP2) the same program doesn't give any response. The issue is that it locked itself in the htmlconverter.FromString method, so from the web browser I can see nothing but it keeps loading forever.

I read a post called "HtmlConverter error Win 2003" on Sep 30. Their issue had looks similar to mine but I am not sure.

I cannot help but must stick to Syncfusion version 5.1.0.57 or even earlier. This is because my application is not a new application, it uses .NET 1.1 and I don't see any plan to upgrade its .NET to higher version in the near future. Seems the "latest" Syncfusion version that supports .NET 1.1 is 5.1.0.57.

To pinpoint the issue I simplified my source code into something like below. It can make my application freeze on the server but it works in my local machine.

private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
using(HtmlConverter cv = new HtmlConverter())
{
System.Drawing.Image img = cv.FromString("Testing123", ImageType.Metafile);

}
}

I have placed the AxSHDocVw.dll, SHDocVw.dll and Microsoft.mshtml.dll in the bin folder. I have AspCompat="true" in the ASP.NET page.

Thanks.

Michael

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 4, 2010 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce the problem. Could you please try disabling Internet Explorer's Enhanced Security as described in the following link?

http://www.visualwin.com/IE-enhanced-security/

Regards,
Geetha

Michael Tse
Replied On November 15, 2010 05:16 AM UTC

Thanks for your reponse.

We upgraded the server to .NET 2.0 and Syncfusion 7.2. This problem is not found in the new version.

Michael

Selvakumar P [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 16, 2010 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update. We are glad to know that this has been resolved.

Regards,
Selvakumar.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;