We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart Low Performance

Hello

I tried to use Chart control for silverlight, but I got several problems with it. Example You can find here http://untillweb.com/chart_test/Syncfusion.Chart.Silverlight.Samples_2010TestPage.aspx.

Could You explain me, please, how I can:
1. Display DataPoint Label which includes info about X and Y coordinates (like in attached file example.jpeg)
2. Display tooltip with the same info as DataPoint Label (1)
3. In my silverlight chart are only 2 series with 100 point, but zoom and scroll functionality are very slowly. In my real project I need to display more 10 series with more 1000 point. (How I can improve zoom and scroll performance for chart?)
4. Interval of axis X must be 1 and string value of axis x can be bigger than in silverlight chart
5. Use tooltip and zoom functionality at the same time

The most important for me is the 3 point from list of questions.

Please help me.

Thanks,
Volodya.

example_7d373a0d.rar

1 Reply

SS Sujitha S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2010 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Volodya,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion product.

I have created a simple sample to meet your requirement. please find the uploaded sample.

1. We donot have support to bind both X and Y value to the Label, Please create the incident in our Direct trac so that we will provide you the custom patch with this support.

2. We can get the X and Y value in the ToolTip by customizing the ToolTip using the Template property. please refer to the attached sample.

3. Performance can be increased by using the BeginInit() and EndInit() methods in the ChartArea.
code snippet:

Chart1.Areas[0].BeginInit();
AddDataToSeries();
Chart1.Areas[0].Series[0].DataSource = coll;
Chart1.Areas[0].Series[0].BindingPathX = "TaskName";
Chart1.Areas[0].Series[0].BindingPathsY = new List { "Y" };
Chart1.Areas[0].EndInit();

4.Setting the interval as 1 will take time to render the axis, gridlines and labels for each DataPoints so I have set the Interval as 20 for 100 DataPoints.

5. ToolTip can be added in the Zoomed ChartArea, please refer to the sample.

Let me know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sujitha S

SampleApp_1_e5f47039.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon