We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: November 16, 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How to read, update and upload excel to sharepoint using XLSIO

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

97047 Oct 22,2010 01:57 PM UTC Oct 25,2010 07:08 AM UTC ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: XlsIO
Malathi Latha Puli
Asked On October 22, 2010 01:57 PM UTC

Hi,

I was trying out with XLSIO for a web app, my requirement is somthing like, get some existing excel templates from sharepoint, edit it(prefil data using XLSIO component) and upload(save) back to another location in sharepoint.

My query is how can i save to sharepoint using SaveAs method?Coz am not editing/saving the document locally.

Thanks,

Sathish Babu R [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 25, 2010 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Malathi,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Currently In our XlsIO, we do not have support to save the excel file to share point directly, instead we provide support to save the excel file as stream. Please see the below code snippet. Also we have attached the sample for the same. Could you please try this sample and let us know if this helps you.

Code Snippet:

ExcelEngine excelEngine=new ExcelEngine();
FileStream fileStream = new FileStream(fileName, FileMode.Open);
IWorkbook book = excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(fileStream, ExcelOpenType.Automatic);

MemoryStream memoryStream = new MemoryStream();
book.SaveAs(memoryStream);

Sample:
F970497638497995.zip

Please, let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sathish

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

or the page will be automatically redirected to sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;