We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DockingManager how to hide and show controls

Hi,
I am trying to hide and show control within the docking manager depending on dynamic conditions.

- How I hide control and show it dynamically?

- I need to fire an event when a particular tab is clicked in we are adding controls as child controls and docking style Tabbed.
_dockingManager.DockControl(loansCashAndEventsControl, loansDrawdownEventsUserControl, DockingStyle.Tabbed, 170);

I need to find out which tab is getting clicked.

1 Reply

VS Vallarasu S Syncfusion Team October 21, 2010 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Parvind,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

[#1]. To show / hide a control you can make use of SetDockVisibility method as follows,

this.dockingManager1.SetDockVisibility(control,true);

and there are option to autohide the control on applicaion load, have a look at the following documentation.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Tools/default.htm?turl=Documents/hidingcontrols.htm

[#2]. DockingManger has property to get the ActiveControl, and there is no direct API to get the active tab as the dock sates are dynamically changed. By gaining reference to the tabcontrol you can get the active tab,
refer the attached sample for the implementation.

[#3.]. With the above implementation you can raise an event at the MouseDown event based on which tab is active.

Please let us know your concerns, and we are happy to assist you.

Regards
Vallarasu S.

DockingMangaerSample_65fe447a.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon