We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

PDF FIle Size

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

96960 Oct 15,2010 07:45 AM Oct 20,2010 01:57 AM ASP.NET Web Forms (Classic) 1
Tags: PDF
Matt Dixon
Asked On October 15, 2010 07:45 AM

The pdf file that i am generating is very large when doing html to pdf conversion. Before using my software, my client was generating a nearly identical pdf document that was about 5MB in size. This was generated using Acrobat on a set of Excel and word documents.

My application hits a series of webpages using the Syncfusion tool and generates the pdf based on that. The file size is upwards of 40MB.

What can i do to try and decrease my file size? Is there anything I can do without losing quality?

Thanks
Matt

Geetha M [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 20, 2010 01:57 AM

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

It is possible to compress the generated files using different compression levels that would result in reduced file size. Could you please check the documentation in the link below and try "Best" compression?

Compression

It can be set using the following code snippet:

//Create a new PDF document.
PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
//Set compression level
doc.Compression = PdfCompressionLevel.Best;

Regards,
Geetha

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;