We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

How Do I Achieve a Consistent Appearance?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

96932 Oct 13,2010 08:36 PM UTC Oct 25,2010 12:56 PM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: Tools
Administrator [Syncfusion]
Asked On October 13, 2010 08:36 PM UTC

I have an application which uses Syncfusion grids and tab controls, and I'm happy with the way those work. Until now, I've used System.Windows.Forms for all standard controls (TextBox, ComboBox, CheckBox, RadioButton, etc.).

Because of a bug in System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox, I've started to convert ComboBox to ComboBoxAdv everywhere. However, the visual appearance of ComboBoxAdv is different from the visual appearance of all the System.Windows.Forms controls. Furthermore, I can't make ComboBoxAdv look like the other controls through the use of the Border3DStyle or Style properties.

In an attempt to get a consistent appearance, I've considered replacing all standard controls with Syncfusion controls -- replacing TextBox with TextBoxExt, CheckBox with CheckBoxAdv, etc. However, I can't figure out how to make the Syncfusion controls all appear the same. There seem to be baffling inconsistencies. For instance, ComboBoxAdv and CheckBoxAdv have different options for their Style properties, while TextBoxExt has no Style property at all.

At this point, I'm rather confused. Can anyone advise me on the best practices for giving controls a consistent appearance?

-TC

Vallarasu S [Syncfusion]
Replied On October 25, 2010 12:56 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Most of our controls supports Office2007ColorScheme, you can make use of this color scheme to have a consistent appearance.
ColorScheme support is not provided for TextBoxExt and it supports to change its background as well the foreground, refer the following documentation for further information.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Tools/default.htm?turl=Documents/appearancesettings8.htm

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/Windows%20Forms/Tools/default.htm?turl=Documents/bordersettings6.htm

You can find information on the appearance of our controls in online documentation under the section 'Concepts and Features >> Appearance Settings'.

Please let us know if you have concerns on this.

Regards
Vallarasu S.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;