We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Client Side Paging Grid Summary

Hi,

I have a client side paging grid in which for each row there are multiple child rows. These childrows and the main row contain a valued column amount. I want the sum of the childrows amount and the main row amount after each main row. How to achieve this?

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Pavan

4 Replies

NP Narasimha Pavan October 12, 2010 02:08 PM UTC

Sorry For naming the grid wrongly. It was the custom name given for Multifunctional grid

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team October 13, 2010 04:26 PM UTC

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the update.

We suggest you to use the “RecordPreviewRow” feature to achieve requirement. To enable RecordPreviewRow, please set TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow=”true” and you can customize the text inside the preview row, please use the “QueryCellStyleInfo” event as follows

[CS]

this.GridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.ShowRecordPreviewRow = true;
this.GridGroupingControl1.TableOptions.RecordPreviewRowHeight = 25;
this.GridGroupingControl1.QueryCellStyleInfo += new GridTableCellStyleInfoEventHandler(GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo);

void GridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
if (e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.RecordPreviewCell)
{
Record r = e.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.GetRecord();
if (r.HasNestedTables)
{
e.Style.Text = "Child Records Counts : " + r.NestedTables[0].Records.Count.ToString();
}
}
}

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

NP Narasimha Pavan October 18, 2010 04:27 AM UTC

Thanks for your response.

Could you please provide with the zipped solution file.

Regards,
Pavan

BM Bharath M Syncfusion Team October 21, 2010 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Pavan,

We regret for the delay in getting back to you.

Please refer the attachment for sample website.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Bharath M

RecordPreview_da97d8f0.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon