We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

MVC Grid + Script manager?

I've added a grid control to my MVC on my view via the view markup. When I run the project everything works fine (sorting, filtering, paging and etc.)
As soon as I try to add the splitter control to the view it complains about requiring a script manager control. During my first attempt I added a AJAX script manager from the AJAX Extensions toolbox. It seemed to work but the AJAX function of the grid stopped working. I tried replacing the default script manager with the SF script manager control. Same result as before.

Is there any way to use the SF splitter control plus the various sub-controls required and the grid in an MVC 2 view?

I'm going to hedge my bets and say "No" now. :(

3 Replies

KD Krishnaraj D Syncfusion Team October 13, 2010 05:45 PM UTC

Hi Greg Clouston,

Thanks for evaluating Syncfusion Products. The response for this query has been updated in the incident 73089 also.

We have categorized the size attributes under scrolling and therefore to specify the basic size attributes in View, please refer to the below mentioned code snippet.

<%=Html.Grid("Grid1")
.Datasource(Model)
. . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . .
//Setting the size attributes of grid and width
.Scrolling(size =>
{
size
.Height(210)
.Width(1200);
})

.EnablePaging()
.EnableSorting()
.AutoFormat(Skins.Sandune)

%>

We will provide explicit support for specifying the size attributes in Grid builder in our volume1 2011 release.

For more details about setting the size attributes through builder, please refer our online documentation in the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Fthroughgridbuilder15.htm

To Control the size attributes from the controller, you can directly set the width and height of GridPropertiesModel as below.

GridPropertiesModel model = new GridPropertiesModel
{
DataSource = new NorthwindDataContext().Orders.Take(100).ToList(),
AutoFormat = Syncfusion.Mvc.Shared.Skins.Sandune
};
//Setting height and width of grid. This will apply only if you set AllowScrolling to true.
model.Height = 210;
model.Width = 1200;
model.AllowScrolling = true;

For more details about setting the size attributes through controller, please refer our online documentation in the below link.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug_83/User%20Interface/ASP.NET%20MVC/Grid/default.htm?turl=Documents%2Fthroughgridpropertiesmodel15.htm

Using Splitter control in Mvc:

We are also able to see the reported issue. We have to analyze more on the possibilities of hosting web splitter and other web controls inside MVC , however it would be of great help if you could please check and let us know if the above solution resolved your problem or if you would still like to import the web controls in Mvc. Also a list of other controls that you would like to host in MVC will be much helpful as we could then check and update you on the same.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Krishnaraj D

GC Greg Clouston October 14, 2010 12:30 PM UTC

That answers my question in one of my other threads. Just not the question I posed in this thread. :(

KD Krishnaraj D Syncfusion Team October 20, 2010 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Greg Clouston,

Sorry for the previous update.

We are also able to see the reported issue. We have to analyze more on the possibilities of hosting web splitter and other web controls inside MVC. Also a list of other controls that you would like to host in MVC will be much helpful as we could then check and update you on the same.

Note: The response for this query was also updated in the incident 73089.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Krishnaraj D

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon