We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Place ports for a node via visual tool

Hi,
The only way to add ports to a node in the Symbol Designer is to define "Ports collection" property.
But users would like to add connection points using visual tool, just by simple click in a desired place in Symbol Editor.

How to do it?

7 Replies

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team October 8, 2010 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Witold,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have created a simple sample to depict how to create and add new ports to a symbol during run time and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

Sample-1709928619.zip

Using the Ports property in the property editor, different types of ports can be added to a selected node. Alternatively, you can select a node and right-click on it to add new port.Kindly try the above sample and let me know if it helps.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

WS Witold Slirz October 8, 2010 07:46 AM UTC

Works like a charm
Thanks

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team October 9, 2010 03:46 AM UTC

Hi witold,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please get back to us if you have any queries.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

WS Witold Slirz October 20, 2010 07:32 PM UTC

Hi,
I've found that this trick does not work in general.
For a while if I create a group (almost all symbols are groups obviously) and place a port onto one of the elements, then when Im trying to connect this group to another one symbol the connection line tries to connect group's central port instead.

To create a connection using manually created port it's needed to ungroup symbol, place connections, group symbol again.

How to workaround this?

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team October 22, 2010 01:11 AM UTC

Hi Witold,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

Since the Node's EnableCentralPort boolean property is true by default, when you establish the connection between two nodes/groups, the connection always starts from their central port. In order to avoid this, you have to set the EnableCentralPort as false for all groups/nodes and sub groups/nodes. We have created a simple sample to demonstrate this and the same can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/redirect.aspx?&team=support&file=Sample-462447853.zip

Please let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

WS Witold Slirz October 23, 2010 10:57 AM UTC

Thanks, but this workaround does not work.
I've created DT incident indeed

PM Pandi Murugan A Syncfusion Team October 25, 2010 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Witold,

Thank you for your update.

Since you have created a separate Direct Track incident for this issue,please have a follow up with that incident for further concerns about the reported issue.

Please let me know your concerns.

Regards,
Pandi Murugan A

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon